Yeti Rns315 to MIB STD2 PQ+NAV possible?

Hi,

Hoping someone can put me off trying this!

I've got a 2012 skoda yeti with a factory fit rns315 (admusen +) headunit.

I've seen - MIB STD2 PQ+NAV headunits going quite cheap from yetis.

As I understand the Rns system and the Mib system are quite different.

Has anyone looked into doing this swap? Would be looking to keep everything working as it currently is (controls, park sensors, climate displays etc)

I'm pretty sure it will need coding to the car and then upgrading it to CarPlay.

Looking at the yeti MIB it seems that it's been made for the yeti to fit into the same space but I could be wrong.

Other MIB headunits have a separate control box but I'm hoping this one doesn't.

If anyone can answer any of this I'd be massively great full.

I'm probably not going to buy this particular one so here's a link to it on eBay if anyone's braver than me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351769817064

Cheers.

You'll have a few issues to contend with, some of which are simple and others that aren't ;)

It has a different quadlock connector (52 pin rather than 40 pin) but it's easy enough to make an adaptor.

After that, you'll have component protection to deal with.

Unlike the RNS310/315/510, there is no four digit radio code. Instead, the headunit needs to be tied to a car's VIN number and instrument cluster.

The cluster in a 2012 Yeti isn't new enough to support component protection and the gateway probably won't support 5F modules. This means that both will need replacing for newer versions. At this point you'll have all the hardware needed but I don't think even dealer systems will allow component protection to be lifted for retrofit purposes. Assuming a dealer is able to help, you might also struggle to get a code to unlock carplay as again, it's not an option for your VIN.

There are apparently some shops in Russia that can help but I haven't been able to find out much.

Thanks so much, I'm really glad to read some of this. Sounds way too much hassle!

CarPlay looks a little shaky at the moment too so shan't bother.

I bought a pioneer CarPlay headunit on eBay and was going to fit to our old clubman but played with it in halfords and wasn't impressed to be honest.

I'm going to take a look at some of the android headunits and see if anyone locally has one I can play with.

Thanks again.

Edited by AlexYeti

• 1 month later...