Octavia VRS misfire

Pretty sure i have a tub of that still lying about.

It worked a treat on mine, soaked it and sprayed it and the crap flew off, left it as good as new. Unfortunately my issue was with something else, still worth doing though when you think about the residue that ends up on throttle body flap.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have cleaned the air temp sensor, it wasnt really all that dirty to begin with and changed the dump valve.

It seems to still be doing it slightly but I'm starting to feel I maybe looking to deep into this now. 

I have taken a couple of videos to show what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkHLp-YXUVo

I revved it at one point. Sometimes when it does it the needle drops to the tick beneath where it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvF359hFOh0

The ticking noise you can hear here is the HID ballast, took me a few minutes to figure that out..

Thoughts?

Edited by Dazl1212

From your first video, it is ok.

But, why did they left LPG injectors on the top of engine? Mine are on intake manifold.

I had a look at them yesterday it seems that is just pipework.

That moving needle isnt as bad as it is sometimes though.

Edited by Dazl1212

It seems to run OK but when the needle drops you can feel the vibration from it through the steering wheel and pedals.

I'm not sure how well its performing with the drag from the issues at the back end of the car.

hey man i have noticed this to come back on my car aswell but only when my motor is warm 90 degrees and if i have  it on idle for a long time

im starting to think that it might be the pcv valve the one underneath the intake manifold thats clogged up ???

now my car runs fine but if i have it on idle for about 5-10 mins it starts to drop in the revs so that it almost dies

hey man i have noticed this to come back on my car aswell but only when my motor is warm 90 degrees and if i have  it on idle for a long time

im starting to think that it might be the pcv valve the one underneath the intake manifold thats clogged up ???

now my car runs fine but if i have it on idle for about 5-10 mins it starts to drop in the revs so that it almost dies

PCV valve? I will have to check this out.

Mine seems worse when its warm and ive been driving about for a bit. 

Ive never had it at idle that long.

actualy he is

mine  is fitted to the big hose that goes into the maf and down to the turbo also called the tip

and mine is not connected like yours

mine is an afterfaket so it doesnt look exactly like yours but its connected as it should be

dumpvalve%20small_zps119hvm7t.jpg

Edited by rsdanne
  • Like 1

actualy he is

mine  is fitted to the big hose that goes into the maf and down to the turbo also called the tip

and mine is not connected like yours

Oh right, that's odd. 

Have you got any pictures?

just edited and posted a pic

Cheers mate, Mine had an atmospheric dump valve fitted when I got it. 

I'm also wondering if its slightly different in the UK with our cars being RHD?

i dont think its any diffrent other then the steering wheel being on the other side

ive used this forum and guides and i havent seen anything else thats diffrent in other pics and if not all then most cars here is RHD

=)

i dont think its any diffrent other then the steering wheel being on the other side

ive used this forum and guides and i havent seen anything else thats diffrent in other pics and if not all then most cars here is RHD

=)

May have to sort that. I put the atmospheric one back on to see what happens. 

This forum is great by the way, some very knowledgeable and helpful people on here.

Don't put atmo blow off valve to 1.8T, it's designed to work in closed loop.

If you want to keep position of DV as it is now, just reverse it or put it on TIP like it is now installed.

• Like 1

Don't put atmo blow off valve to 1.8T, it's designed to work in closed loop.

If you want to keep position of DV as it is now, just reverse it or put it on TIP like it is now installed.

That really cant be helping if its not set up correctly.