Knocking sound from driver side rear wheel

Hi guys and girls I've got a annoying loud knocking noise coming from my driver side rear wheel, had it jacked up seems like nothing is catching or rubbing, it starts of slow at slow speeds then as I gain speed so does the noise... The knocking is constant when I am driving straight but goes away when I go around corners... This knocking appeared last night when I was on a drive and I have about 3weeks ago changed all my disc and pads... Help please

Could be a knackered rear damper or damper top mount? Also have you checked the wheel nuts are tight - sounds obvious but it's happened before.

Edited by TMB

Yeah caliper is tight and I've checked the wheel nuts and Might be the damper..... Just hope I find it soon it's so annoying

Can you squeez your hand in over the wheel and rattle pull at the shock absorber? If it's got a lot of play then that's the problem.

Edited by Steven2016

Have you tried jacking-up car so the wheel is off the ground and safely supported, to give wheel a spin, rocking wheel side to side, raising and lowering wheel with a large lever.

Check rubbers for perishing or missing on shock absorbers, did you grease disc-pads slides when replaced to eliminate disc-pads from rocking up/down movement, when braking..

Assuming all bolts/ nuts secure, then it could be possible one of the two rear wheel bearing's has collapsed, in the hub, hence going quiet around a corner, but this should be heard from above tests?

Edited by giandougl