High Beam Assist

Hey guys

I've just taken receipt of my O3 vRS and loving it, but I can't for the life of me work out HBA. How does it work - do I need to enable it in the menus, or does it come on automatically above a certain speed when there's no cars in front?

I've done the VCDS tweak to enable it on all the time (without it turning off when the ignition goes off) but yeah, still no worky.

Any tips..

Mike.

Lights need to be on 'auto' position on the light switch too.

Also HBA can be ticked on/off in the menu too - check that it is ticked. CAR > Setup > Lights > Light Assistant (or something like that).

Will show the symbol in the maxidot (high beam symbol with letter A) when activated, but will not switch on main beam until below a certain light threshold / above 60kmh - these thresholds can be changed in VCDS too.

Edited by Black_Sheep

Figured it out - even though I'm certain it was included in the brochure as a free option (a lot of stuff I see you have to pay for in other markets is included for free here in NZ) it wasn't coded.

After coding it she's all working.

I'm interested to understand what "High Beam Assist (FLA) / Dynamic Light Assist (DLA)" means though - I didn't enable it as the guide said to choose (1) not (2), but the wording in the guide was different again so perhaps (2) is the best of both worlds.

http://imgur.com/g2NQSqn

Edited by mabnz

Is this an option or standard?

I get the feeling it's coded as standard in some markets. If you have the lane assist camera (A5) you can code it yourself.

The only assist I have to choose is lane assist. High beam assist isn't an option I can choose from.

It's a £300+ option when new;

It can be enabled in minutes with VCDS, the only 'hardware' requirement is that you have Lane Assist, which has been standard on all new vRS's for some time. :) How old is yours?

Thanks.

It's brand new, 16 plate.

In all honesty I'm not even sure if id use it if enabled. I rarely use high beam and when I do on the odd country road I'm always turning them off as soon as i notice oncoming vehicles and I have a hunch that I'd end up turning them off quicker than the car would detect oncoming traffic, maybe....Maybe not.

I'd end up turning them off quicker than the car would detect oncoming traffic, maybe....Maybe not.

I had it on my last one, it's very fast to react, much quicker than I could.

Mine doesn't work properly at all! Tells me to clean the windscreen even when it's lashing down outside and my wipers are on, comes on even in a street lit area and doesn't turn off for on coming cars or when I'm behind cars like it's supposed to. Not had it into skoda yet though, it was booked but I missed the appointment and not made another.