CarPlay Wireless - MK111 Octavia VRS 230

Hello All,

I have a three month old Octavia VRS 230 which has apple car play.  Apple have updated to allow this to work wirelessly.  The instructions advised to go into Settings > General > Carplay on the phone, then hold down the voice control button (on car) until you are prompted by phone to connect.

This doesn't work on my car, at least I can't get it to work.  If I hold down voice control, I simply get the cars sill voice control asking me what sort of help I need.  Ive tried it plugged in by usb, and tried to turn off the car's voice control to no avail.................  please help! :)

Hello All,

I have a three month old Octavia VRS 230 which has apple car play.  Apple have updated to allow this to work wirelessly.  The instructions advised to go into Settings > General > Carplay on the phone, then hold down the voice control button (on car) until you are prompted by phone to connect.

This doesn't work on my car, at least I can't get it to work.  If I hold down voice control, I simply get the cars sill voice control asking me what sort of help I need.  Ive tried it plugged in by usb, and tried to turn off the car's voice control to no avail.................  please help! :)

Did you take the WLAN option with the car? If not you'll only have wired car play available.

Cheers guys I've seen that it needs give a wifi car (mine isn't) but I don't know why as CarPlay connects over lie tooth? I was thinking software update is probably needed. Does anyone know for sure or from experience? I've sent a query to skoda.

Love it! Done 4K now. I was very gentle for the first 1k, now give it hammer and tongues on the back roads. Getting quicker and likes to be driven. I just took it to get the wheels swapped front to back, the mechanics we're very admiring !!

Edited by POOLBRADDERS
  • Like 1

Cheers guys I've seen that it needs give a wifi car (mine isn't) but I don't know why as CarPlay connects over lie tooth? I was thinking software update is probably needed. Does anyone know for sure or from experience? I've sent a query to skoda.

It connects over both Bluetooth and Usb or Wifi. Bluetooth for for the usual handsfree type activity. Wifi or Usb networking for the screen mirroring and control protocol with infotainment system.

Love it! Done 4K now. I was very gentle for the first 1k, now give it hammer and tongues on the back roads. Getting quicker and likes to be driven. I just took it to get the wheels swapped front to back, the mechanics we're very admiring !!

Off topic again!.....why are you swapping the wheels front to back after 4K?

• Like 1

He He Mr Adamwood,  I got a bit paranoid about wear because Ive done a few thousand hard miles.  The e-diff is great, but with the traction control off... leathering it down the lanes *(to a maximum speed of 59mph, with due care and attention)...  I thought I'd better change them front to back before I needed a new front pair.  As it turns out, the tires are fine front and back, but it will even out wear.

'...Wifi or Usb networking for the screen mirroring and control protocol with infotainment system.  ''        

Do we have any source to back this up OTG?

Edited by POOLBRADDERS