Superb Sportline, Which colour would you choose ?

I thought you wanted all black rims, which Supernovas are not? Gloss black Phoenix are the only ones in 19" i think...

Ah good point, just seen the chrome accents on the novas. Will check out the Phoenix. Just seen some really nice all black 18" rims on a Octavia VRS.

• Administrators

So many combinations now, over the active range, it's 276 possible combinations of engine, colour and chassis :) /nerd out./

I've updated our little quotes tool too, hopefully not dropped any price clangers >> https://cars.briskoda.net

Before you add paint and options, we can save you up to £4,135 on a sportline :) The example here is cash on a sportline estate 2.0 TSI 280PS 4x4 DSG Colours & options have to go on top, but are also discountable at favourable rates :)

Edited by ColinD
I did drop a clanger on prices :(

So many combinations now, over the active range, it's 276 possible combinations of engine, colour and chassis :) /nerd out./

I've updated our little quotes tool too, hopefully not dropped any price clangers >> https://cars.briskoda.net

Before you add paint and options, we can save you up to £4,135 on a sportline :) The example here is cash on a sportline estate 2.0 TSI 280PS 4x4 DSG Colours & options have to go on top, but are also discountable at favourable rates :)

Just emailed you Colin. Keen to get a quote on this - http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/88164135

Also for those that know I have been debate back and forth on wheels. I spoke to a dealer today that said I could order a new car and SuperNovas or Phoenix black rims and they could switch the tyres to the new rims and fit them then maybe (and they did say maybe) buy back the stock Sportline rims.

Does this sound right, that they could move new tyres from the stock 19"s to a set of 19"s bought from the accessory catalog? If I can reuse the tyres I might do this and then sell the sportline rims on the forums. I am still confused as to how you can buy rims from the accessory catalog but not configure them on the car :(

No reason why you cannot use the same tyres as they are the same size.

Looking at your configurator I notice it has just gone over £40K, will this not now be effected by the new car tax?

In this case it could work out cheaper by leaving something off the car like the spare wheel and retro-fitting it yourself, yes it will cost more than £100 but you would end up with the compressor and no additional tax.

As a side note I notice you have specced £3,345 worth of options that are std on the L&K, I know that is not what you want but it does make it an expensive way of doing it.

No reason why you cannot use the same tyres as they are the same size.

Looking at your configurator I notice it has just gone over £40K, will this not now be effected by the new car tax?

In this case it could work out cheaper by leaving something off the car like the spare wheel and retro-fitting it yourself, yes it will cost more than £100 but you would end up with the compressor and no additional tax.

As a side note I notice you have specced £3,345 worth of options that are std on the L&K, I know that is not what you want but it does make it an expensive way of doing it.

Thanks for the tips. I have just msg you direct about taking off some VCDS enableable options then enlisting your help to add those later. I had not realise there was a £40k car tax hike, just reading about it now. https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/ved-road-tax-from-2017-0182-2060

You are right by insisting on whatting back not chrome around the windows, a black grill, and the sport seats. Then specing it up to be like an L&K it is a very expensive way of doing it. That said on the L&K I speced before I adding 19" wheels and a flappy steering wheel (standard on the Sportline) so the L&K I speced was only £1200 cheaper that that Sportline. It is horse for courses. I would get more from an L&K for my money, but I really want the sporty black look (although the wheels will be wasted on my as I will be changing them). I am going a very expensive way about getting the car I want, but I really want the green and black, and I appear to be slightly mad about what I am willing to pay for that.

Thanks again Gizmo68 for your advise this last few weeks as I have been deliberating back and forth. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Have emailed back.

Slightly mad always has a cost to it, but it's your cost and your smiles. I was looking at the L&K / Sportline prices. Take the wheels aside, chances are over 3 years they would be damaged at some point.

You could get the black look with vinyl. You can't get the, well you could on the same logic via vinyl, but it wouldn't be 'right'... Got a lucky coin?

The email gives you the outline discounts, I didn't explicitly state it in the email, but apply to any build total for a starting point :D

Worse things happen in the octavia range where you can now get as "Sport" with a 1.6 110ps 5g manual, that's hardly fair sport for my citigo ;)