Fabia II 2010 drivers door lock mechanism problem

Drivers door will not open or close using the remote , but all other doors open and close.

If I use the locking switch inside the car it operates normally as in open/close.

Also I can lock the car using the key which activates the alarm as well.

I purchased a second hand door lock mechanism and have just changed it out , and I still have the same problem.

Can anyone please advise if they know what the fix is on this ?

Thanks.

Good find then :)

Theres lots of free wire in the door itself so i just pulled a little more through before putting a cable tie on the inside of the door hinge area to stop it moving around.

Mine is also a Fabia elegance, 61 plate with 50,000 miles on mine.

• 4 years later...

The drivers door lock issue on my wife's 2110 Fabia actually turned out to be the dreaded broken wiring, within the door harness, that seems to plaque Skoda's of this age. I replaced the door lock which seemed to fix the problem only for it to return 12 months later. Pulling back the rubber protector in-between the door and car revealed issues with the wiring, not loads of broken wires just a couple of split plastic wire insulation which could go unnoticed. £88 inc vat for a door wiring harness seems to have solved her issue and its an easy non technical, if a little fidly, Job to do.       

On the post about drivers door wiring issues posted recently, Murdockman suggested he had no issues on a Fabia, after slopping in some silicone grease inside the door loom bellows, so if anyone else knows of a better method of prevention to snapping wires (A replacement loom is not preventative and the issue may well occur again despite still being better then crimping together broken wires) Or if anyone knows any drawbacks to silicon grease, haw about pinning it up and then, for once and all time, we have some form of solution to the issue, rather then being repeated every six months!!!

Granted its not hard to reply but it MAY just make it easier for newer, less experienced owners to sort an issue. If for instance, silicone grease is pretty much a full on fix, supporting the wires and sort of lubricating them and preventing them from the constant flexing of the door bellows, frost/cold, etc, then its worth us all popping to Halfords, etc, for a tube and spending 30 mins glooping it in to the bellow. If on the other hand, it all just squidges back out over a few weeks or reacts withe the wires in a bad way, then perhaps give it a wide berth!

So, all being well, WELL DONE, MURDOCKMAN!

Grease can't do any harm and is a good shout, especially on exposed wiring, but the beauty of taking the time to fit a new harness is that I believe Skoda have recognised the week wiring problem and have upgraded the new harness, potentially curing once and for all. Personally I do hope the rest of the wiring in the Mrs Fabia is ok because she loves the big boot space and practically superb town car. The harness really is a cheap easy fix. 

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but my wife's mk2 has a issue relating to the drivers door lock and this is the closest match I have found.

When locking and unlocking using the remote the lock mechanism seems to move and them seem to rebound as if not moving correctly, I get the same behaviour using the button in the car, but if I use the key in the lock everything works as expected,  all doors lock/unlock and alarm engages. I think it's the actual door lock mechanism that's the problem and probably just needs replacing, do we think I am correct or could it be something else?

TIA

be worth checking for broken wires in the door loom...........before condeming the door lock.

The key in the door is the "mehcanical" side of the door look which activates the switch / signal to lock the other doors.

If the door loom wires are ok, and the drivers door will NOT lock electrically from either the button in the car and OR the remote, then it's a good

chance you do need a new lock assy.