MIB2 Bolero software updates

When I visit http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ it says "Your navigation system can be updated only from DVD. Please visit your dealer." which is a bit odd as I don't have a navigation system. My car has just been in for a service but I don't know if the dealer did anything to the software and unfortunately I forgot to make a note of the version number before it went in.

In the system information it's now reporting:

"Device part number: 5Q0035842A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0241

Media Codec: 2101.0.0.8"

If I hold down the Menu button I can get into a Service mode screen, and if I then choose 'Software update/versions' it shows some information that is repeated elsewhere and reports a 'Software version' of H25.14.35_STD2Plus_EU. If I then go into the Versions screen it says:

"Logging

Current version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T (0241)

Update: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T (0241-2)"

If I choose 'HMI versions' instead, it says:

"Model: GuideModel_25_14.29

Software Base: H25.14.35-201504011520"

which implies that at least some part of the software was released in April last year.

Has anyone with an MY16 or MY17 Bolero got anything different?

Edited by Rodge

• 2 weeks later...

When I visit http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ it says "Your navigation system can be updated only from DVD. Please visit your dealer." which is a bit odd as I don't have a navigation system. My car has just been in for a service but I don't know if the dealer did anything to the software and unfortunately I forgot to make a note of the version number before it went in.

If I hold down the Menu button I can get into a Service mode screen, and if I then choose 'Software update/versions' it shows some information that is repeated elsewhere and reports a 'Software version' of H25.14.35_STD2Plus_EU. If I then go into the Versions screen it says:

"Logging

which implies that at least some part of the software was released in April last year.

Has anyone with an MY16 or MY17 Bolero got anything different

I have the MIB2 Bolero  on my17 rapid 

device prt no: 5Q00358408

HARDWARE: H30

SOFTWARE: 0353

CODEC 3101.0.0.9

"Logging

Has anyone with an MY16 or MY17 Bolero got anything different?

Considering I haven't got a DVD drive in the car, I'd like to know how I can update it from a DVD! And I do have navigation.

• 5 months later...

The update itself is ment for skoda shops, this is why on skoda update portal it states that an update DVD is available but needs to be done by the dealer.

I for one, have gone with my car in service for some other stuff and asked them to update the infotainment but it seems here in Romania there is no official update available. (or they do not know/want to do the update)

Unless you can show a real/known software problem with your head-unit the garages wont perform a software update for you for free.

It is not possible with any of the head-units to "officially" update the software yourself.

The only part that can be downloaded is map data & some small Bluetooth updates for Columbus.

From my experience it is the same with other manufacturers & some don't even offer free map updates.

I took my BMW for a service & asked for the map data to be updated to the latest version.

It took them 2 days & they invoiced my company €650 for the privilege.