Strut brace

I have tt one on top and bottom . Top one needs lugs cutting off. Dnt think u have to buy looks neater. Then drill 3 holes nut and bolt them in bingo bingo. Bottom one u need to order the bolt aand riv nut from Vw easy as **** to fit that one .

• Like 1

I didn't get round to cutting the lugs off my TT one, you don't have to. Feeding the bolts through the holes above your springs is loads of fun you'll love it. There's usually plenty of used ones on ebay, lower brace is rarer.

Make sure you protect your bay from the swarf when drilling or you'll get rust spots everywhere in no time. Definitely works best with the S3 lower brace.

Nooooooooo not the jom

It doesnt fit right, unless its been changed it doesnt go round the conduit boxing and it pushes the bonnet up

I have bad words to say a out it in my build journal

I went tt brace and cut brackets off, or get a s3 brace

TT are about £30

S3 £50 ish

• Like 1

Anyone ever make a lower one themselves? I'm thinking 40mm x 4mm steel from b&q but need measurements if anyone has one lying round?

Edit, it has bends I believe....

Edited by Tsporter

Anyone ever make a lower one themselves? I'm thinking 40mm x 4mm steel from b&q but need measurements if anyone has one lying round?

Edit, it has bends I believe....

Try Google I'm sure I read on another vag forum some detail on making one. And yes around 2 inches from the end they are kinked slightly downwards probably 3-4mm but that's from pure memory.

Try Google I'm sure I read on another vag forum some detail on making one. And yes around 2 inches from the end they are kinked slightly downwards probably 3-4mm but that's from pure memory.

Cheers. Just after posting I found a s3 breaking locally and done a deal on the upper and lower braces.