DSG Noise & Vibrations when chaning from 3 to 2 and 2-1 gear 57 Octavia 1.9

Hello everyone,

I am new here, just bought my first Octavia and fell in love instantly :D

This is my first automatic car so thought to ask you for your help - the dsg is a little bit noisy (gets louder but not a crunching noise) and a slight vibration can be felt when the car shifts down from 3 to 2 and 2-1 gear on D. It does not happen on other gears or when shifting up. It is 6 speed box.

Could you advise if this is normal or may require software update? Or is this a sign that something is wrong?

Thank you very much in advance,

Mike

Edited by mikeredhill

Thank you guys. The car has 115 000 miles. The engine oil & filter has been changed last year, not sure if/when the DSG oil has been changed. I have booked the full service + DSG oil replacement with Skoda for end of August. I am not sure if I should call it vibration, but I can 'feel' when it is changing from 3-2 and 2-1 gear, cannot feel it with other gears.

Yes I can feel the car downshifting.

Just like with a manual gearbox if you shift down a gear and release the clutch you can feel this.

Unlike a traditional automatic gearbox the DSG has a direct drive due to the clutches and not through a torque converter so isn't quite as smooth.

If it's exceptionally jerky or harsh this can also be a sign of a worn DMF or engine mount.

Thank you, Martin. Could you advise how expensive was to replace those 2 mounts please?

Cheers

I agree with Phil it could also be the sign of an engine mount on its way out. I had very notchy downshifts from mine and ended up getting the 2 mounts changed in the subframe that attatch the gearbox to the engine. Now the downshift is much improved. My car is on 140k so yours isnt that far behind.

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, Skodaoctoviaestate2008 said:

Hi, Mikeredhill have you found any solution for the issue? I have the same issue 

Might be worth starting your own post buddy...

Mike hasn't visited the site for over a year...:thumbup: