Next base camera any better

malcster

Are the new generation of next base any better than the older ones

My 302's battery is goosed and as it is 13months old and bought via eBay (wholesaler) next base won't entertain any warranty claim

Looked at the 312 but not sure the battery is any better

Reason I ask it's hardwired into the car and don't want the hassle of swapping the power lead over

Thanks

Can you replace the battery in the existing unit?  most batteries are pretty easy to replace in technology these days as they tend to be miniplugged on rather than soldered but even so if you can get the unit open to identify the battery I bet it's a pretty standard cell make up...

The 312 certainly feels a lot better quality than the older 302 and haven't seen any issues with them such as dead batteries out the box that were common to 402's etc.

Can't really comment on the long term durability of the battery but I've sold a lot through work and had none back with any issues.