2007 Fabia 3 Cruise control not working

On 04/09/2016 at 10:01, hutchysrs50 said:

In which case I might try a cheap China stalk to use just for testing.

Then replace the brake and clutch switches.

Then code it out, code it back in and see if anything helps.

It not return the parts

Did this ever work hutchysrs50? cheers David 

5 hours ago, Fabia00 said:

Did this ever work hutchysrs50? cheers David 

I'm actually on the path of upgrading my Skoda 2016 MC to cruise control. Via Ebay and a mechanic.

Just found out that it could be a small fortune with the main dealer.. if i have a old board £300+ on top of the £440 for installation and parts.

The additional cost is, if i have an old board which has a some kind of fault - which might be why you are having these unknown issues. They said that they have new part codes for cruise control added extras now. Anyone know anything? its something located under the steering wheel.

whilst trying to dig, found this...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/driver-kaushal-gandhi-car-stuck-cruise-control-decapitated-119-mph-crash-a7438451.html

Edited by StemcellRob

3 hours ago, StemcellRob said:

Sorry, just bought a used 2016 model and looking at upgrading to CC in 2019. Just reading all the posts and see if anyone has heard of this fault. Going to give it a try, at least I know a scrap dealer.

Thats ok I'm not sure if your may have a Fabia III if its a 2016 model though? Think it may have different control modules etc hence the high costs? 

3 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Strange you ask after 2 years, I just sorted a few things last night I’m going to try this week.

i’ll keep you informed 

Yes please if you could I'm really missing having it and its only been a few weeks.

I'm running out of options, I'm still of the opinion its switch or brake switch related even though there are no codes - only logical thing it can be. Have thought I may swap brake light bulbs as well just in case.

Really confusing issue, only other thing I could find was on VW T5 forum looks like its the exact same cruise switch as the fabia and on there one member had taken the switch apart and found it slightly loose - trying to find it again now - possible lead of enquiry. 

Last resort will be dealer or trusty auto electrician not looking forward to the ££££ it will cost though :(. 

23 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Strange you ask after 2 years, I just sorted a few things last night I’m going to try this week.

i’ll keep you informed 

Not sure if this is any help hutchysrs50 but this was all i could find relating to possible switch issue:

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1677073

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sorry still not had any luck as yet :(. Will be trying to get it sorted out at some point when funds allow. 

Cheers David 

• Like 1