Caliper Paint

Hi, anyone else had a problem with paint flaking off the red VRS calipers. My NSR caliper has lost a large patch of the red paint at 18mths old, Skoda is trying to argue it is not a paintwork issue and therefore not covered by warranty.

Can't say I have to be honest, the brake calipers should be VHT paint so question springs to mind is what has made the paint flake off of the caliper? you using a high pressure washer? or even them hand car wash places that use acid as wheel cleaner? could be something completely different but just thought to ask! 

Not been pressure jetting or the like, and anyway if that were the case why has only one caliper flaked? I'm thinking the paint has been applied to a poorly prepared caliper hindering adhesion. Guess I'll clean and repaint it myself.

I've not heard of a problem with caliper paint from the users here & a fair few are vRS owners.

Mine show no signs of a problem after 60k km & I take the car to a self-wash place every 2 weeks which uses a pressure washer.

The main reason I take it is to keep the wheels clean, so this area gets a fair bit of close attension & it didn't cause a problem for me so far.

All good at 31 months.

I do get quite anal about keeping my calipers clean but I doubt that has anything to do with it.