Spring upgrade option - dealer approved?

Hi all

I'd like to upgrade the springs on my Fabia estate, recently bought with PCP through a dealer.

The question is: what, if any, springs can I fit without voiding the warranty or the PCP agreement?

NB. My car was already built when I ordered it so I couldn't choose any factory fit options.

Cheers in advance

In terms of the warranty, anything that isn't supplied by Skoda and fitted by an authorized repairer will void the warranty for any components it affects, you might find a supplier will warranty the parts and their workmanship, but that would be separate.

In terms of the PCP you can technically do what you want to the car. Just remember that when you come to part exchange the car at the end that your changes may negatively affect the value. Your other option would be to undo the modification before part exchanging. 

If you find an understanding dealer then you shouldn't have any issues with the springs.

Go for a decent brand like H&R, make sure they're fitted by a professional outfit and get the alignment done thereafter and you should be fine.

Keep the original springs too.

H&R doesn't have springs for Fabia with sport suspension. Maybe it fits but I think they don't drop enough F3 with S/S.

I order Eibach Pro-Kit. They drop F3 -30/-45 (-15/-30 with S/S). Think they will arrive in 10 days, will take a photo after instalation.

• 3 weeks later...