Spots on paintwork

I have some very small black spots / circles just below the roofline of my Monte - see attached photo. These appeared after washing using Autoglymm shampoo, fast glass and auto wax products as supplied by Lifeshine. Does anyone know what they are and how to remove them. I've tried rubbing, WD40 and detergent but nothing touches them. They are ever so slightly proud of the surface.

IMG_20160812_115749.jpg

As soon as I saw the photo and before I scrolled down, I immediately thought of tar spots, however they do seem quite high up for tar spots to be the problem.

As soon as I saw the photo and before I scrolled down, I immediately thought of tar spots, however they do seem quite high up for tar spots to be the problem.

Lol thought exactly the same, plenty of tar removers on the market, dodo tarmalade is very good. Likewise try clay or iron x.

Only other thing I could think of is overspray from the black roof or something?

Weird lol

This time of year when the temperatures rise and they are resurfacing roads tar spotting can extend beyond the usual areas (lower body panels etc.)

If it's iron the spots will tend to take on a rusty appreance.

Regards Bob

As you've already invested in Autoglym products try their claybar pack - claybar, Rapid Detailer, Microfibre cloth and Super Resin Polish. On a newish vehicle the claybar process shouldn't be needed but it is very effective at removing small pieces of foreign matter (like tar spots)  that have adhered to the paintwork without hard rubbing or scratching. I have to admit to being very sceptical of the process until I saw the results after using it on my 1 year  old Touran. Ensure the vehicle has been washed and is dry before using the clay bar.