Rear Spoiler Question please.....

When My new 230 arrives I'm gioing to get the rear spoiler wrapped Gloss Black along with the rest of the roof as it's coming with a Panoramic sunroof

I understand the spoiler is Bonded and bolted to the boot lid. When the spoiler is refitted does it need to be re-bonded or just bolted on

Thanks

AG

That ugly boy-racer type rear spoiler is a big reason I would never buy a VRS hatchback. The VRS estate is way more subtle and attractive.

:D  The spoiler on the hatch is tiny!

• Like 1

That ugly boy-racer type rear spoiler is a big reason I would never buy a VRS hatchback. The VRS estate is way more subtle and attractive.

He was asking for opinions on wrapping and it's removal, not for people to make silly comments and derogatory remarks  :x

• Like 2

When My new 230 arrives I'm gioing to get the rear spoiler wrapped Gloss Black along with the rest of the roof as it's coming with a Panoramic sunroof

I understand the spoiler is Bonded and bolted to the boot lid. When the spoiler is refitted does it need to be re-bonded or just bolted on

Thanks

AG

Normally the spoilers have bolts to firmly secure it to the body, along with an adhesive gasket that bonds to the body to stop movement and chafing of the paint.

In order to wrap it they should really remove it as its very difficult to wrap correctly and assure long term adhesion by doing it without - they would be cutting it on the car. Also it's imperative the spoiler is bonded back on as you will have rust issues later down the line (maybe not in your ownership though)

Personally I'd have the spoiler painted as it will look better, and the roof wrapped (easier to do and the film is not stressed around contours and less prone to peel) later down the line. Also its not possible to totally wrap a spoiler like this in one piece - there will be hidden joint lines that will lift over the years