Remap high mileage tfsi

I've brought a 2.0 tfsi vrs with 150k on it approx 2 months ago.

Car drives and starts well uses hardly any oil. My question is should I remap it. Clutch seems good also..

Thanks

My question is should I remap it.

It's up to you - do you wish it or not.

If you are worried about the overall condition of the car then ask remappers to check it - injectors, turbo etc. - all the parts involved. If they find out that there is something in bad shape then you might think about not remapping but if everything's fine - why not?

My first vrs had 156k and it was most definetly my plan to map it, try either doing or getting someone to do a compression test and smoke the pcv system.

Check or replace the usual parts like pcv, diverter valve, valves for carbon build up and HPFP cam follower for the latest revisions and go for it!

Like the others say things like the clutch and turbo may fail faster so keep that in mind but I know when I map mine with 103k I'll be needing a clutch fairy soon.

My last one with 156k pulled like a train and never had any issues in the short time I had it.

PCV is at the front/top of the engine. Very easy to spot on the TSI at least. Just a handful of T30 bolts to remove so you can inspect the diaphragm.  

My concern about an S1 map even on mine is the clutch/DMF.  I could probably get away with it, as I never tend to floor it below 3k revs but I don't want to suddenly be handed a huge bill for a new clutch and labour, so I've held off.

Yeah the pcv is easy to get to. A quick check to see if it is bad or not is to start the car and then remove the oil cap, if it runs rough the pcv is GOOD. If the idle doesn't change then the pcv is bad.

To get to the D.V you need to jack up the front drivers side, remove the wheel, remove the lower part of the arch trim and then get up to the turbo with a 5mm Allen bit and remove the valve. Not a hard job but I've been working on cars for years, it's more awkward getting into it and getting the right combo of extensions on your ratchet etc.

Yeah the pcv is easy to get to. A quick check to see if it is bad or not is to start the car and then remove the oil cap, if it runs rough the pcv is GOOD. If the idle doesn't change then the pcv is bad.

To get to the D.V you need to jack up the front drivers side, remove the wheel, remove the lower part of the arch trim and then get up to the turbo with a 5mm Allen bit and remove the valve. Not a hard job but I've been working on cars for years, it's more awkward getting into it and getting the right combo of extensions on your ratchet etc.

On the TSI it can be done without removing the wheel/arch liner, but as you say, it's easier with more access and light when the wheel is off.