VT-ing a PCP - the ball is rolling. My experience.....

5 hours ago, Chucker said:

I've just gone through this process, and there was no VW inspection involved.  BCA took a couple of weeks to collect the car so it was picked up from the dealership without me being there. I rang BCA the day after the scheduled collection to ask if everything was OK with condition etc., and once they said it was I got straight on the phone to VWFS to cancel my direct debit...the payment was already in their system to be collected from my bank 7 days later.

VWFS put me on hold to call BCA and check things, and 2 minutes later confirmed everything was OK and that they would cancel the direct debit from their system and my commitment to the car was over.  

I am expecting an invoice for c. £100 for excess mileage and was told that would come in the next 'few weeks'.....all very simple for me, seemed to go really smoothly.

Definitely worth calling VWFS I reckon.

Thanks for this. Did exactly what you said. BCA confirmed all well with the vehicle and said it should be on vws system but they can call through and BCA will confirm. Called VWFS and hit a stumbling block. Lady said I had to wait 10 days for my account to close and nothing was showing from BCA. I explained that other people have said you can call BCA and bca themselves said you can confirm with them. After a few minutes ranting and explaining that I was advised nothing about a 10 day wait when I vt'd I asked to speak with a manager. After a few minutes the lady advised the managers were on other lines but said that she had rung BCA and they said the car was fine. She then advised I can cancel the direct debit and apologised saying she didn't realise I had vt'd and got the wrong end of the stick. My account is now closed and hopefully all sorted.  Not sure why every time I call vwfs for anything everyone says different things. Oh well. Good luck to anyone else on this journey and I hope the OP doesn't mind me using his thread to rant :-)

Edited by tigermad

So I went down the trying to sell route instead of VT. Thought I might as well, seeing as my new vRS won't be here until July. Paid for 6 weeks on Autotrader. Sold in 2 days. I'll be doing a lot of cycling and walking for the next few months. 

• Like 1

Result! All this hype over Skoda used residuals, its the fault of Skoda UK and their franchised retailers being too greedy with their screen prices.

Selling privately often isn't half the hassle a lot of people get themselves all worried about. Sensible price, prep the car to within an inch of its life, lots of pictures, honest description (correct sentence structure and minimal spelling mistakes) and you'll have them beating your door down.

1 minute ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Would you not be able to SORN it?

You are not allowed. The vehicle has to be fully insured and mot'd when collected. 

5 minutes ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

As Tiger says it has to be MOT'd so they can drive it away. A bit annoying as the pickup is over the 14 day statutory time they were given to pickup the car.

Out if interest did they call you or did you chase them for a date?

I chased them although the way they answered was as if they were waiting for the call. They received the paperwork Friday from Skoda so it was probably in a queue. She offered a selection of dates so I picked the nearest.

• 2 weeks later...

Car has been collected. They found a small crack in one of the rear lights but other than that just small stone chips in the bonnet and a mark on the spoiler where it has started bubbling AGAIN.....I will be heavily contesting that if there is an associated charge. I didn't sign anything but he is sending me a copy of the report by email.

Strange feeling as I thought I'd be glad to see the back of it with all the problems I've had but think I'm going to miss it.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

Car has been collected. They found a small crack in one of the rear lights but other than that just small stone chips in the bonnet and a mark on the spoiler where it has started bubbling AGAIN.....I will be heavily contesting that if there is an associated charge. I didn't sign anything but he is sending me a copy of the report by email.

Strange feeling as I thought I'd be glad to see the back of it with all the problems I've had but think I'm going to miss it.

You getting another car?

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone receive a letter from Skoda after the collection like an account closed letter? It's been over 3 weeks and all I've had was a remittance advice for a refund for part of my last payment during the week.

4 hours ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

Did anyone receive a letter from Skoda after the collection like an account closed letter? It's been over 3 weeks and all I've had was a remittance advice for a refund for part of my last payment during the week.

Spooky. Just got home from a trip and have a statement from march-may. Showing the last entry as vehicle sale and balance is now 0.