Ask a competing bodybuilder anything.

Johnnynapalm

S

Hi. The puffiness around the nipple area will most certainly be fat. Although it could possibly be gyno. Although I strongly suspect it's just accumulated fat.

This wu certainly improve if you start resistance training again and body fat levels drop.

As for using more reps and lighter weights, this is just one of common misconceptions regarding fatloss. Always use the heaviest weight you can why employing reps generally between 8-12.

Hope that helps.

By the way. You cannot "tone" a muscle. You can only make it stronger and bigger, or smaller and weaker.

So just my normal session then where I drop reps and increase weight, along with dropping bfp should be enough?

It's definitely no gyno just where I have gained some weight it's mainly on sides and gut with a little "puffiness around the nipple", which is the only part really I'm concerned on as dropping the bfp is the easy part :)

S

So just my normal session then where I drop reps and increase weight, along with dropping bfp should be enough?

It's definitely no gyno just where I have gained some weight it's mainly on sides and gut with a little "puffiness around the nipple", which is the only part really I'm concerned on as dropping the bfp is the easy part :)

Yes. Keep the weight heavy. Keep reps low. Be consistent.eat good clean good. And the puffiness will subside. 100% .

• Like 1

Do you track calories? What does your training consist of? And what are your current body fat levels approximately?

On the face of it...its probably attributed to losing muscle whilst dieting too hard to make weight. Which in turn makes it difficult to lose fat. Hence my question if tracking calories.

Yeah I use MFP to track cals when dropping the weight. When running up to a fight its mainly pad/bag work and sparing with a bit of weights and conditioning (tyre flipping etc). Otherwise its bag work and weight lifting in my home gym/shed :)

No clue on current BF% but I'm skinny at 83kg   

Yeah I use MFP to track cals when dropping the weight. When running up to a fight its mainly pad/bag work and sparing with a bit of weights and conditioning (tyre flipping etc). Otherwise its bag work and weight lifting in my home gym/shed :)

No clue on current BF% but I'm skinny at 83kg

Can you tell me the macro breakdown of your current diet? I could possibly tweak it to give maximum muscle size and minimise body fat, while also having the added benefit of better endurance.

Can you tell me the macro breakdown of your current diet? I could possibly tweak it to give maximum muscle size and minimise body fat, while also having the added benefit of better endurance.

When I start tracking my macros they are normally around 60F 200C 180P and i lose around 0.5 kg a week but at the moment I'm on around 50F 180C 90P.

"attributed to losing muscle whilst dieting too hard to make weight. Which in turn makes it difficult to lose fat."

Can you explain why losing muscle makes it harder to loses fat?

Cheers 

When I start tracking my macros they are normally around 60F 200C 180P and i lose around 0.5 kg a week but at the moment I'm on around 50F 180C 90P.

"attributed to losing muscle whilst dieting too hard to make weight. Which in turn makes it difficult to lose fat."

Can you explain why losing muscle makes it harder to loses fat?

Cheers

In theory not much effect. But in practice quite alot.

More protein equals being fuller for longer. So less chance of cheating on the diet.

more muscle is more metabolically active so hence more Cal's burned. Arguable in theory but in practice a different story. Plus more muscle= stronger muscles= train harder for longer=more Cal's burned= more fat loss. the higher protein will also stave off muscle loss.

Bearing all that in mind, I would definitely up your protein content to at least 200g per day.

• Like 1

In theory not much effect. But in practice quite alot.

More protein equals being fuller for longer. So less chance of cheating on the diet.

more muscle is more metabolically active so hence more Cal's burned. Arguable in theory but in practice a different story. Plus more muscle= stronger muscles= train harder for longer=more Cal's burned= more fat loss. the higher protein will also stave off muscle loss.

Bearing all that in mind, I would definitely up your protein content to at least 200g per day.

Putting the chicken breast in the oven as soon as I type this. Would you change the other macros?

Putting the chicken breast in the oven as soon as I type this. Would you change the other macros?

I would keep the other macros the same for now. See how things go over the next few weeks. Carbs do look a little low however. How are your energy levels on 200g of carbs?

You may already be doing so, but protein shakes are an easy and economical way of increasing protein intake.

• Like 1

I would keep the other macros the same for now. See how things go over the next few weeks. Carbs do look a little low however. How are your energy levels on 200g of carbs?

You may already be doing so, but protein shakes are an easy and economical way of increasing protein intake.

Yeah I have some from TPW that I top up with if needed. 

I feel fine when training once I'm warmed up but nackard all day, some days I'm dreading the gym even when its only in my garden. I'm in bed 10-10:30 and asleep by 11 every night but I'm up at 530 and have 3 little ones so most nights one gets in the bed waking me up  :D.

Yeah I have some from TPW that I top up with if needed.

I feel fine when training once I'm warmed up but nackard all day, some days I'm dreading the gym even when its only in my garden. I'm in bed 10-10:30 and asleep by 11 every night but I'm up at 530 and have 3 little ones so most nights one gets in the bed waking me up :D.

Yes I understand. possibly up the carbs a little then and monitor. And get to bed earlier :) I'm sure you will have good results from just the increase in protein though.

• Like 1

But they do make people angry and aren't they illegal? Is it just for vanity or to get slim blonde girls or to get jobs as doormen?

They do make people angry in my experience yeah.

My mate took them, hes already big and 6 foot 3, always sound with me still and other mates.

But does say he feels more angry and last time i was out with him he saw his ex new guy.. Smashed his face in, then continued to have a scrap with a bouncer.

He'd never of done that before n its not him at all.

Feckin dangerous guy though. :D.

cheers for the advice Johnny.

Have you ever taken steds? If so what your experience with them, pros/cons,

They have never been something I've wanted to take but like to know the facts and myths about them. 

They do make people angry in my experience yeah.

My mate took them, hes already big and 6 foot 3, always sound with me still and other mates.

But does say he feels more angry and last time i was out with him he saw his ex new guy.. Smashed his face in, then continued to have a scrap with a bouncer.

He'd never of done that before n its not him at all.

Feckin dangerous guy though. :D.

If you are pre disposed to violence then it will only make it worse IMO. Also depends on what compound is being used. Trenbolone has the ability to turn the most mild mannered people into moody,angry people. Edited by Johnnynapalm
  • Like 1

cheers for the advice Johnny.

Have you ever taken steds? If so what your experience with them, pros/cons,

They have never been something I've wanted to take but like to know the facts and myths about them.

I have yes. Bigger,stronger faster is the result.

Most of the stories circulated are jackanory at its best. But the biggest factor is either using or abusing. Abuse and you will eventually pay the price. Use sensibly and arm yourself with knowledge and you will be fine. Abit like cars I suppose :)

• Like 1

Most of the stories circulated are jackanory at its best. But the biggest factor is either using or abusing. Abuse and you will eventually pay the price. Use sensibly and arm yourself with knowledge and you will be fine. Abit like cars I suppose :)

so is it a long term thing then?  If you stop using them what is the likly outcome? What is the process to taking them?

Can you tell I have no clue about using them  :D

so is it a long term thing then? If you stop using them what is the likly outcome? What is the process to taking them?

Can you tell I have no clue about using them :D

Doesn't have to long term if you so wish. Alot of people generally perform a "cycle" around the 12 week duration. This can be in the form of injections or oral use. Although injections mostly easier and none stressful on the liver. Oral steroids can be stressful on the liver, but no more stressful than boozing at the weekend. A decent dose of testosterone injected once a week will provide excellent results in terms of recovery,muscle growth,and libido.

The pros will generally stay on gear permanently and will involve very high dosages and multiple meds. But that's a whole different ball game.

• Like 1

As for stopping use. Depends if you are beyond your genetic limit. Generally though, some muscle loss will occur along with a temporary dip in sex drive. This varies dependant on the individual though, diet, training, genetics etc. Many variables to consider.

• Like 1

Only it's cheating yourself. You're saying to others you want a short cut and have no patience to work hard.

It's what puts people off of fitness. They see others getting huge whilst they don't. So then they either give up or start taking too. And so the cycle continues.

Iirc there's only one tested competition in the UK, and even that is pretty lax?

http://www.ldnmuscle.com/drug-testing/

Only it's cheating yourself. You're saying to others you want a short cut and have no patience to work hard.

It's what puts people off of fitness. They see others getting huge whilst they don't. So then they either give up or start taking too. And so the cycle continues.

Iirc there's only one tested competition in the UK, and even that is pretty lax?

http://www.ldnmuscle.com/drug-testing/

Id rather not get into that debate. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.:)