Tyre'd Goat Slalom 16/11/03 - Post Event Updates

Erik@aat

I go to Germany and come back and SMC have altered their Curborough event, it's now in November and at 3 Sisiters Race circuit. It's also a new style of event too ~> a slalom!

So what is a slalom?

Well it's a club motorsport event that is very popular in places as far a part as Jordan, the United States of America, Luxembourg, Germany and France.

A slalom is basically a test of driver skill that is run on a good tarmac surface between cones and tyres and is non-damaging. Open to competition cars and more importantly standard (and that DOES mean totally standard) road cars this is an ideal way to progress into motorsport from events like track days. With no reversing it is also gearbox friendly too!

Interested ~ you should be, thinking of an influx of Briskoda members AAT are going to put up three trophies that should be of interest:~

1st turbo Skoda driver

1st non-turbo Skoda driver

1st diesel driver

There's a thread going on here.

The event is run with MSA approval on a very good tarmac surface and we're allowing cars to be entered by more than one driver ~ you could even make a briskoda North meeting out of it ;)

If you want more info, regs or an entry {you know you want to!! ;)} get in contact with me here or on the other forum :D

:drive1:

db_DSC_01603.jpg

• Like 1

Well, three sisters is basically an outdoor go-kart circuit - so it's pretty compact for cars, quite hilly, and with a lot of crossovers etc so the choice for session layouts is huge.

Last year it was a "stage rally", this year it's a new format - all I know is it will be cold, damp, and a laugh, thats enough for me.

I'm back from more wanderings in a van!

Here's the venue:~

circuit-map.gif

Standard is a road car that isn't built for comeptition use, thus no cage etc :) ~ we can split the Skoda class into road cars with airfreshners and 'tuned' cars ;)

Info and regs are here Event will start at 10:00 and be finished around 16:00 latest, there's a warm cafe, decent toilets and the track is good quality tarmac. We're having a service area and trailer park too.

Cars can be double entered (2 drivers for the same car) and it really should be a non-damaging event that will be fun for everyone :D

I'm tempted ...might even bring the other half ...., , little else on in mid November.....ah .....but its near xmas ...there are'nt any shopping malls close by are there ? in which case that would be a definite no to attendance !

Originally posted by Neo_VR in this post

Dont make mistakes and watch the kerbs or you can end up on your roof! ~~ that bit worries me :eek:

The kerbs are really small and you don't need to be near them really, even if you drove over them you'd be really, really unlucky to roll and you would have to be wildly out of control too!

There are certainly no shooping malls near to Three Sisters :D