Tyre'd Goat Slalom 16/11/03 - Post Event Updates

Erik@aat

Yes we had a few compalints about just how much mud was on the track ;) There was also a complaint about the choice of music being played too......

Setting the tests up I found an amazing level of understeer in our Passat, something to do with winter tyres, water and diesle engine over the front I'm told :)

We're looking at running in warmer weather next year :D possibly a little further "down sarf" too......

Top 10 Results:~

1 Simon Horton ~ Subaru

2 Gareth Roberts ~ Citroen Saxo VTR

3 Andrew D Freitas ~ VW Golf GTI

4 Richard Horton ~ Peugeot 205 GTI

5 Colin Graham ~ Skoda Fabia

6 Garth Howell ~ Lotus Elise

7 Jon French ~ Rover 75

8 Andrew Stewart ~ VW Lupo

9 Bernie McLean ~ Lotus Elise

10 David Wilson ~ Peugeot 205 GTI

Colin,

Any chance of me putting one of your photos on the front cover of SMC's "Pacenotes" newsletter plus one or possibly even two inside with the article? Naturally we'd credit you as the top photograper.

Anyone got any comments on how we could improve the event?

We're looking at another venue that is bigger but not a race circuit as such @ would that cause a problem to people ~ the straights and corners would still be as challenging and enjoyable but not with race circuit kerbs etc......

Any input you've got would be great :dtp:

Erik, couple from me:

Start on time.

Avoid tests like 6 and 8 (essentially the same test) as they end up with long waits between runs.

More even splitting of the groups in terms of numbers

More handbreaks! :D

Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the next one - off down MaccyDs to practice! :D

I thought Si proved the 4wd factor on our behalf? ;)

Bring the RS's next time and we'll jump in....

...or...

Instead of aiming our challenges within briskoda - could we do some sort of "team" event versus another forum?

Erik - what do you think? Cumlative times, teams made up of identical engines on either side ie equal 1.9PD's and 1.8T's \ Ibiza-Fabia Leon-Octavia, or maybe a "pairing" in a briskoda member vs a cupranet challenger?

All in good fun, trophies awarded etc?

• Administrators
Colin' date='

Any chance of me putting one of your photos on the front cover of SMC's "Pacenotes" newsletter plus one or possibly even two inside with the article? Naturally we'd credit you as the top photograper.

Anyone got any comments on how we could improve the event?

We're looking at another venue that is bigger but not a race circuit as such @ would that cause a problem to people ~ the straights and corners would still be as challenging and enjoyable but not with race circuit kerbs etc......

Any input you've got would be great :dtp:[/quote']

Gulp, Indeed Erik, would be a pleasure. PM me an address I'll send you the CD, leave you to pick :D

Also in addition to the above if anybody wants a copy of pics, specifiy car number's required as per gallery layout, eg I want Car 1,4,7,8,17 and send a SAE with CD-R to:

Colin Densem

Notability Solutions Ltd

Unit 6

First Floor

Quay Business Centre

Winwick Quay

Warrington,

Cheshire,

WA2 8LT

Should get them turned around the following day.

As to improvements...Agree with Jon, a few tests were the same, maybe best of 2 runs, as from the few cards I saw the 2nd was generally best with 3rd opening up a few "moments".

Other than that from the stands; great.

I thought Si proved the 4wd factor on our behalf? ;)

Bring the RS's next time and we'll jump in....

...or...

Instead of aiming our challenges within briskoda - could we do some sort of "team" event versus another forum?

Erik - what do you think? Cumlative times' date=' teams made up of identical engines on either side ie equal 1.9PD's and 1.8T's \ Ibiza-Fabia Leon-Octavia, or maybe a "pairing" in a briskoda member vs a cupranet challenger?

All in good fun, trophies awarded etc?[/quote']

nice idea... but 5 RS's vs 5 4x4's would be good...