Amundsen - Loading POI's

ernieb

I've just got a new Yeti 2016 and have managed to update the maps OK.  However, I'm stuck getting the POI's to load.  I seem to be able to create then OK via the Skoda portal and save them to a SD card which indicates there is new software when it's inserted into the SD2 port.  I go into Nav and select Settings and Map Memory.  I select update Poi's which is 'live' and it starts the process then gives an error message about the read being interrupted and reboots the Nav system.  I've tried it also on a USB, similar result?

The files I download is a zip file which I've unzipped and end up with four folders I tried all the files, just the POI file. (I've tried this via a MAC and PC - similar results.  I can not find any instruction on how this should be tackled.

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Second small issue is there a way to change the 'male' NAV announcements to a 'female' voice??

Sorted the voice issue.

For my car, assume it will be the same for any late Yeti Amundsen two SD card slots, select the MENU button, Select SETTINGS, Select LANGUAGES, at the top of the screen,RH, is a pull down for the voice MALE / FEMALE.

Still trying to resolve the POI issue, I can get it to load some but there appears to be a limit on the number the ICE will allow to be processed.  The Skoda My Destination Portal will allow any size I've tried so far, but I get a error when trying to import them.

thanks,very interesting topic.

will give it a go sometime.

The more who are trying to resolve the issue the better.  I've got a single POI set loaded, but failed to add multiple sets.  They process on the Skoda Portal OK but fail to load in the Amundsen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ernieb,

I've bee trying to look for this for a long time.... No answers found in any forum, just for the Columbus.

BTW, I still don't have my Scout, Monday is the day!!!!

I used skoda's POI website,to upload the radars files. Most for sure it is not going to work.... But really looking forward to have the car and the GPS working with radar alerts. Will try as soon I get the car. 

Have Fun

Hi Ernieb,

I've bee trying to look for this for a long time.... No answers found in any forum, just for the Columbus.

BTW, I still don't have my Scout, Monday is the day!!!!

I used skoda's POI website,to upload the radars files. Most for sure it is not going to work.... But really looking forward to have the car and the GPS working with radar alerts. Will try as soon I get the car. 

Have Fun

Thanks for the post and I hope your pickup goes well for you.

I have continued to try to get a result and it would be interesting to see how you get on with your new Yeti.

I am trying to get help on this issue with my dealer, in fact the franchise manager. He's involved a sub contractor who they use for installations of radios, Bluetooth, cruise controls etc. I'm hoping to hear something today.

To be honest with the spin at Skoda HQ giving a big thumbs up for the Yeti with increased production, and stating it now has the latest infotainment system suggests that this is as good as it gets. It's very disappointing therefor that this relatively simple user update to add POI's is proving to be such a challenge. My real concern is that the Amundsen 2 operating system which is very lumpy somehow places a limit on the number that can be added. My old TomTom of 10 years ago could accomplish this task with no issues as well as using OGG voices.

I opted for SmartLink and can now use Android Auto, Goggle Maps and PocketGPSworld Camera Alert. These seem to work well enough unless you loose the cell signal, then it can go a bit crazy. The voice navigation is very good, real English sounding and of course the voice commands a far better than the Amundsen.

I'll update if I get any news.