Correct offset for 15" wheels on vRS

Could anyone tell me the correct offset for a 15" wheel fitted with a 205/50x15 tyre?, i'm hoping it will give a little more comfort than the 205/45x16 setup. Before anyone thinks i've gone mad, i live on the Isle of Wight, those of you that visited yesterday will know what i mean (crap roads?).

Cos then you speedo will be wrong as the rolling radius of the tyre will be bigger than before!

:):thumbup:

Thanks sixdegrees, maybe i should've mentioned the fact that i wanted to keep to the original diameter, but i thought it was obvious, anyway, does anyone know the offset?

Thanks sixdegrees, maybe i should've mentioned the fact that i wanted to keep to the original diameter, but i thought it was obvious, anyway, does anyone know the offset?

It was obvious, my point is that the speedo will under-read anyway and the extra 5% in profile will only make it slightly more accurat (sp?) ;)

Good point Neily03, will the clearance be ok though?, it's a much cheaper option.

Unless you go through a speed camera and get flashed and then get fined / points as you be going fatser than you speedo states.

It recommended that you don't go over 2.5% different that your OEM size, not so much an issue when dropping tyre size but it can be when going up a tyre size!

Persoanlly I'd advise against putting a 50 profile tyre on the 16" !

:)

Unless you go through a speed camera and get flashed and then get fined / points as you be going fatser than you speedo states.

It recommended that you don't go over 2.5% different that your OEM size' date=' not so much an issue when dropping tyre size but it can be when going up a tyre size!

Persoanlly I'd advise against putting a 50 profile tyre on the 16" !

:)[/quote']

Personally i'd advise against put 15's on a vRS. :P :D

205/45 16 - 295.45mm rolling radius - 1856.37mm circumference

205/50 16 - 305.7mm rolling radius - 1920.77mm circumference

A difference in circumerfence of 64.4mm or 3.47 percent

At a speed of 70mph you will be travelling 72.43mph (assuming speedo is accurate (which it isnt) ).

Plus a 50 profile will look silly on a 16" wheel on a Fabia, but a 15" wheel with 50 profile wont.