felicia in hot climate

Hello

please,i want to know  1- what is better radiator copper or aluminum for hot claimate?

2-how can i get thermostat 80c because in Egypt i found 88c only(very bad chinese auto parts )

my car now without thermostat.

felicia 97 1300 cc

THANKS

1- what is better radiator copper or aluminum for hot claimate?

Copper has better heat conductivity. Aluminum is cheaper. It is your decision.

2-how can i get thermostat 80c because in Egypt i found 88c only(very bad chinese auto parts )

I read this kind of question from time to time in this section of the forum. How do you think somebody from the UK or from another country could help?? The answer is in your country. Your local part dealers should do a better job. But I am sure they import cheap Chinese parts because that is the local market request. The majority of people will not pay double or triple to buy original parts. Any other solution would be very expensive.

• Like 1

An engine works most efficient when the coolant temperature is at around 90 C. The thermostat is a temperature regulator that has two phases of operation:

1. It helps heating up the engine fast from cold start by staying closed and allowing the coolant to flow only in "the small cooling circuit"
  2. cools the engine when too hot by opening "the big cooling circuit"

Running without a thermostat prolongs phase 1 and the fuel consumption is higher.

ToFDeoH.jpg

JmN4ONC.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...