Remapped VRS clutch

Aidan84

I have noticed recently the biting point of my clutch has got a lot higher over the last few days.

I think the clutch could be on the way out. I want to start planning for a replacement, what is the best option?  

A lot of people go for a VR6 clutch and G60 solid flywheel conversion (plus new bolts at the same time).

Then the question of which clutch brand to get could be opening a can of worms. I'd probably go for whatever brand is normally fitted to VAG cars as standard (not sure what that is).

I wouldn't bother splashing out unless your clutch actually starts slipping or you have other clutch-related issues though. I've had loads of cars where the biting point has been quite high but the clutch has been fine. If you look after it you might be surprised how long it will last.

Ditto g60/vr6 combo I went for awesome gti's stage 1 kit from ecs tuning as it has slightly lighter flywheel :)

Got this kit myself works very well, since Brexit though the price is on the eye watering side :sweat:

Got this kit myself works very well, since Brexit though the price is on the eye watering side :sweat:

That's why I went with the darkside kit. Looked at the ECS as that's what I put in my last Octavia but definitely paid a lot less for it a few years ago.

Edited by niceyellow vrs