Catch can

Adamt1988

Hi guys and gals.

Been wanting to fit a catch can for some time now. Is it worth just getting a cheap Chinese one from eBay for like 20 quid or is it worth spending that bit extra for a half decent one. Also what else would I need to do the job isn't there something you have to delete/block off in the process. Thanks in advance.

Mk1 vrs.

Edited by Adamt1988

Don't bother with very cheap ebay ones, get something with internal baffles so it does something worthwhile.

You need fluoro lined silicone hoses (resistant to hot oily liquids), 19mm, try ASH hoses on ebay, great seller. Iirc you'll also need a barbed T piece joiner.

While you're there you can simplify some breathers under the intake manifold and to brake servo. There's a how to thread here somewhere, also check out Rob's thread, should give you some useful pics. Google be good too.

ASH hoses on ebay is fantastic. Never had anything bad from him.

I bought a cheap ebay catch can BUT I baffled it myself and added some filter medium. If you have an empty can it probably won't catch much at all. Some people use sponges etc and route the inlet oil vapour right to the bottom of the can with some air hole in case it fills up too much. Either option should work. My can definitely works as it collects oily water...but who knows how much is still passing through :)