OBDeleven

Billsy

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to purchase the OBDeleven, had to buy a tablet on Android OS, so that resulted in the happy purchase of an unused boxed Tesco Hudl 2.

The issue was that I had the yellow steer lite up in the dash and the Autel isn't capable of reading those fault codes.

I must say that I am impressed by the options which the OBSeleven is capable of, although, not having any comparing material other then the Autel 405 VAG, so what can I say.

With the first scan the application showed me a list of fault codes wich where:

00573, 00513, this was for the steering.

Other codes:

Central locking 01038, 00097, 00929.

Glowplug 1 P0671 (17055) and glow plug 4 P0674 (17058).

Heated outside mirror driver side: 00943.

Lock unit for central locking Driver side 00928.

Central locking overheating protection 01038.

Steering torque sensor 00573.

Engine speed 00513.

Frontdoor passenger door central locking 00097.

Lock unit for central locking Frt pass side 00929.

-------------------------------------------------------

After clearing the fault codes the yellow steer in the dash disappeared and after approx 35 miles it didn't return.

Scanning again gave me the following codes:

Front passenger door central locking SAVE motor 00097.

Lockunit for central locking Frt Pass side 00929.

Vehicle voltage terminal 50 Short circuit to B+

fault code 01049.

Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit

Fault code P0671 (17055).

Im happy the fault code for the yellow steer disappeared, the door locking, have to notify that the driver side passenger door lock is slow, I hear it locking only when I push the locking button in the car, occasionally when I lock it with the key.

Reading the message concerning:

Vehicle voltage terminal 50 Short circuit to B+

fault code 01049

Could this be the main issue which creates the other fault codes?

Concerning the OBDeleven, I have the idea that this is a very useful option, As I had to buy an android device, it cost me more as I only use Apple devices.

With the cost of £48 for the dongle, the application is free, although, if necessary the option to purchase modules (which I didn't do just yet, didn't have the time to actually look in to what those modules contain) I don't think that this was a massive investment for the information which the OBDeleven can give.

All information is very useful and the application is able to email a very detailed list.

The details are the same as from Rosstech application, although this is only an uneducated opinion, because i've never used Rosstech, but from the information I found on the web.

The application is able to change codes, recode etc.

Nice is also that it is capable of giving a life monitoring, while driving it is able to show all detailed information, and I must say, very detailed.

I didn't have much time to go any further, but I will do so, when I find the time for it.

Edited by dennis3258

okay so i bought this and it is quite good, it scans all the modules etc and with the fault codes it has online help to the causes. 

as for coding it as i had bought the premium app is good but does not have any naming like vagcom so it takes some research into which bits need to be changed.

same goes for the adaptations.

the apps are good but you have to buy credits to use them and on certain cars the apps are limited.

my 2011 fabia monte carlo does not have any apps available yet.

i will keep this post updated the more i find.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anyone enlighten me on this, If I bought the Pro version for 55 euros, would I get pretty much the same functionality as VCDS ?

What is this about paying for extra add-ons ?

I was hoping to get something that could disable the keyfob boot opening and perhaps enable TSR and tweak one or two preferences.

1 hour ago, Mr Grump said:

Can anyone enlighten me on this, If I bought the Pro version for 55 euros, would I get pretty much the same functionality as VCDS ?

What is this about paying for extra add-ons ?

Yes, it has more or less the same functionality (I have both).

More: with apps (paying some credits, 10 points for simple things, 100 for complex ones) you may get a change without the need of searching for details (which parameter has to be changed, which bits etcetera): fr instance, you pay 10 credits, click on "activate needle swap" and it's done. You pay 100 credits, click on "VIM - video in motion" and it gets activated (no need to know what has to be done).

Less: you do not get individual bits descriptions for all configurations: for instance, if you want to do on your own the "needle swap" used in the example above, and you know you have to modify bit 1 in byte XX (I don't remember which one is in my Octavia....), if you open byte XX you may change all bits, but there is no description beside each of them (so it is a "blind mode" way, you trust your sources and you apply the change, non possibility to check if it is the right bit or not).

• Like 1

Less, Sounds like a lottery, not something I would want to be doing with the cars ECU !

I presume real money=credits, so 100 credits would cost how much ?

100 credits = 14.59 euros, if I remember correctly.

Another way of getting credits for free, however, is by opening the application every day: each day you open it you get 1 credit, and by selecting a specific option which will open a popup with advertising you may get 5 more credits....total is 6 credits for free each day.