TERRACLEAN

Trampdrifting

So, I had a Terraclean done on the car the other day for those who are interested and question its improvements and they are as follows:

Octavia VRS CR170 Diesel, 105k miles

MPG, since the terraclean I'm getting about and extra 2mpg on average

DRIVE, it's ever so slightly more responsive and the whole process of accelerating and coasting along makes it feel a little more like it did when we bought it on half the mileage.

OTHER, so, Terracleaning was a costly process on the day, although the service was only around £120 on the day, it's also aided my fuel return valve to fail. BUT, this was more than likely on its last legs and was probably the reason the car was running rough anyway. I'm guessing the cleaning dislodged the last few bits of carbon build up that was holding it together. But, having replaced this along with the cleaning done it feels like a different car.

WOULD I RECCOMEND TERRACLEAN? Yeah i think so, it's probably a waste of time on a new car, but when you've done a few miles now as I have then you can actually feel the difference. It's not a wonder cure for the aging engine, but takes it back a good few 00k miles to a happier time!

It had flat spots when cruising on light acceleration, lumpy idle and felt a little down on power and economy. The valve is located in the fuel filter housing head, it basically diverts fuel back to the tank, completely mechanical so unsure how exactly it's controlled. But mine was returning too much fuel too the tank instead of into the engine, replaced this and now it runs like a dream again!