Anti-Perforation/Paint Warranty

nokiauk

Washed my car today and noticed this almost splitting of the paint/seam at the bottom of the front of the rear wheel arches.

Now car is only 3 years/4 months old and I've never encountered this issue on any previous cars I've owned. Car is detailed regularly by myself so can't put this down to neglect etc.

The drivers side is worse than passenger.

Think its a dealer job for inspection?

Any thoughts?

Driver Side:

Car_Rear_Driver_Arch_Edit_zpsdh3bb0fe.jp

Passenger Side:

Car_Rear_Passenger_Arch_Edit_zpsdxznfsfq

• Like 1

Stone chip area, good luck with your claim you'll need it.

Someone on the forum did win a corrosion claim, I think he bought lots of lottery tickets after that. Sorry can't remember who.

You might as well try the dealer. If you don't get anywhere, slather it in grease.

Well that was a waste of time, guy at body shop said he couldn't see anything, said paint wasn't flaking as he rubbed it with his nail and couldn't get as detailed a pic as I got with his out off a cracker camera. So basically no pic meant nothing could be sent to Seat as a warranty claim. Apparently they can't send my photos either.

Said they would keep my notes of file for if/when it gets worse.

Guess I'll be touching up and fixing myself, only planning on keeping the car for another year or do anyway.

Please do not touch it because some poor mug will end with it.

Skoda UK can arrange a Warranty manager to have a qualified person to examine it in the flesh rather than photos as Skoda HQ.

Then the correct repair meaning that the warranty is still valid.

Have Skoda UK arrange a courtesy car while yours is left to be checked properly.

Edited by Offski