Wax-Planet

Hunty278

hi guys

looking for advice, never had a white car before.

is waxing ok to be done during  winter temps? I'm talking about below 10c's, and when theres a bit of daylight to actually see whats going on.

• Like 1

hi guys

is waxing ok to be done during  winter temps? I'm talking about below 10c's, and when theres a bit of daylight to actually see whats going on.

Tricky one...... watch temperature and humidity levels - IMO.

Even yesterday just topping up with some QD application i was struggling a little.

Temp was 7 to 8 degC and humidity 70%

Thing is just bought the car and with crappy weather, wanted to add protection and shine to paintwork. 

Been looking around for waxes to finish off the car, must I sign up with "detailing world " to get some WP stuff?

• Like 1

Thing is just bought the car and with crappy weather, wanted to add protection and shine to paintwork. 

Been looking around for waxes to finish off the car, must I sign up with "detailing world " to get some WP stuff?

Detailing world is good - but probably TOO MUCH in one go mate.

You should get good advice and help on here.

On the WP stuff - i only just received it and havent used it yet, so hard to recommend.

If i were to recommend a great winter wax, awesome water behaviour, soooo easy to use etc;

then it would be Auto Perfection Evolve.

http://www.autoperfectioncarcare.co.uk/product/evolve-hybrid-wax-30ml-sample/

Detailing world is good - but probably TOO MUCH in one go mate.

You should get good advice and help on here.

On the WP stuff - i only just received it and havent used it yet, so hard to recommend.

If i were to recommend a great winter wax, awesome water behaviour, soooo easy to use etc;

then it would be Auto Perfection Evolve.

http://www.autoperfectioncarcare.co.uk/product/evolve-hybrid-wax-30ml-sample/

thanks Samui1974 and KarlvRS1991

what pot size for estate? 

Sorry to go off topic of Wax planet, but I have also used Evolve & intensify in Temps lower the 6degC and had no issues. It's one I'd be looking at. Price point is spot on too.

Yet to test wax planet gear so can't comment.

got a link?

hi guys

Hey buddy.

I would agree with Ste and Karl on this. While Wax Planet iWax is a decent wax with great gloss, it isn't the easiest wax to use for someone with little waxing experience. 

As for recommendations, AP Evolve is undoubtedly a great wax, and when you try it, you'll love it. A little goes a very long way! Take a look on this link for users experiences (including my own as well as Karl and Ste.) http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341325-auto-perfection-information/

There are many products out there though. Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid is a firm favourite of mine on lighter coloured cars! Easy to use also! Just take a browse and ask away, one of us are bound to have used what you find and can give you honest feedback.

• Like 1

Subaru https://imgur.com/a/WfU6x

This was the last proper wash and wax I gave my old car, just used old autoglym stuff I had lying around.

But that seemed to be gone after a week.

Ive placed orders for the AP evolve stuff. Will let you guys know how I get on.

Off for a drive to Orly, France in 14 days, so will see how it stands to motorway driving.

• Like 2

Subaru https://imgur.com/a/WfU6x

This was the last proper wash and wax I gave my old car, just used old autoglym stuff I had lying around.

But that seemed to be gone after a week.

Ive placed orders for the AP evolve stuff. Will let you guys know how I get on.

Off for a drive to Orly, France in 14 days, so will see how it stands to motorway driving.

It's great mate. Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Finally found a free weekend to play with my Wax Planet samples from Tony.

Luckily Karl was about today - so we both had a test on the current 3 products iWAX, Oblivion and White Noise

then the new pre-release samples as well....POT A, POT B, and mystery blend C.

15095485_10209130710119540_1371068297451

15078956_10209130711079564_2843557364961

Check on temp and humidity as well - just incase there was any weird symptoms.

More write-up to follow - when i go over my notes with KarlvRS.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Luckily Karl was about today - we we both had a test on the current 3 products;

then the new pre-release samples as well....

More write-up to follow - when i go over my notes with KarlvRS. :thumbup:

Great day testing these buddy. Some impressive, others not so. All good fun though & some impressive results too!

• Like 2

Luckily Karl was about today - so we both had a test on the current 3 products iWAX, Oblivion and White Noise

then the new pre-release samples as well....POT A, POT B, and mystery blend C.

More write-up to follow - when i go over my notes with KarlvRS. :thumbup:

Excellent boys!! Looking forward to the follow up!!

• Like 1

On the existing range.... White Noise was a real winner.... 1st place!!!

I already had an idea on this - as i know our good mate Shaun loves it!

Easy to spread, no issues buffing once cured (10mins). Tried long and short pile MF's - no major issues.

No strong scent on this white wax... hint of cherry, sherbert fizz maybe? Overall left a nice finish on the paint.

iWAX was 2nd place. Seemed to spread well enough, but a little bit more grabby on buffing off... maybe a short pile MF would help.

Green colour and a nice scent.... maybe lime opal fruits?

Last place and a real displeasure to use was the Oblivion. Grabby and difficult to spread on application, and twice as bad on removal.

The bright orange colour was accompanied with a great scent...... Black Magic Orange Cream sprung to mind for me!!! Lovely scent.

The effort and pain on removal didnt seem to give any better finish over the first 2. We shall monitor the waxes longer term.

So if i was to purchase based on this batch.... White Noise is a clear winner.

Just checking on the website - that is £40 for 200ml, same price on all 3 actually.

• Like 2

On the existing range.... White Noise was a real winner.... 1st place!!!

I already had an idea on this - as i know our good mate Shaun loves it!

Easy to spread, no issues buffing once cured (10mins). Tried long and short pile MF's - no major issues.

No strong scent on this white wax... hint of cherry, sherbert fizz maybe? Overall left a nice finish on the paint.

iWAX was 2nd place. Seemed to spread well enough, but a little bit more grabby on buffing off... maybe a short pile MF would help.

Green colour and a nice scent.... maybe lime opal fruits?

Last place and a real displeasure to use was the Oblivion. Grabby and difficult to spread on application, and twice as bad on removal.

The bright orange colour was accompanied with a great scent...... Black Magic Orange Cream sprung to mind for me!!! Lovely scent.

The effort and pain on removal didnt seem to give any better finish over the first 2. We shall monitor the waxes longer term.

So if i was to purchase based on this batch.... White Noise is a clear winner.

Just checking on the website - that is £40 for 200ml, same price on all 3 actually.

White noise was certainly the best on the day, very impressive wax, well priced at 200ml also.

Probably the only one I would purchase out of all three!

• Like 1