Does the 1.4 TSI engine have a PCV Valve?

Been topping up with a bit of oil every 3 months for a year now and noticed a bit of smoke from the exhaust. Definitely not leaking oil but been reading about the PCV Valve causing a bit of oil to be burned on some cars and wondered if my engine had one. (1.4 TSI CAXA engine)

From what I've read they are an easy job to clean or change if I knew where to start looking.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks

Try:-  http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_359.pdf

Page 21

When do you get the smoke - on startup, overrun or when pressing on?  If you get smoke on startup/overrun it "can" be a sign that oil is being pressured past the valve seals

Edited by bigjohn

Thanks for the reply. If I'm reading the info on page 21 correctly then the answer is NO I don't have a PCV valve. The car smokes mostly when started from cold. Once its warmed up the smoke isn't noticeable. I would say I'm topping up with about half a litre of oil every 3-4 months. The cars done 52,000 miles

Edited by maverick54

Thanks for the reply. If I'm reading the info on page 21 correctly then the answer is NO I don't have a PCV valve. The car smokes mostly when started from cold. Once its warmed up the smoke isn't noticeable. I would say I'm topping up with about half a litre of oil every 3-4 months. The cars done 52,000 miles

Is that definitely smoke - the tsi can produce a lot of "steam" when cold

Could well be steam because especially during last winter I could often hear a gurgling sound like there was water in the exhaust. The noise has disappeared during the summer months.

I was hoping there would have been a PCV valve which may have accounted for the lost oil. If its an internal engine problem I will just have to keep topping up until the problem gets more drastic.

Thanks

Our previous 1.4tsi twin charger mk5 Golf used to produce a lot of condensation in the exhaust too, especially first start up,  But it didn't really use any oil. Maybe 0.5l in 7000 miles. I didn't usually put any oil between annual services.  Think I was lucky, in that respect, as they were known to be an oil drinker but it obviously depended on each individual car.

If it is visible oil smoke at start up you should be able to smell it. Burnt engine oil is quite distinctive. Get someone else to start the car with you at the rear. Or start it and rush to the rear. Edit: safely - flat ground - handbrake applied if a manual or wheel chocked!

Edited by TheClient