iOS10 Problems with iPhone6+

Since upgrading my iPhone6+ to iOS10 I've had a problem with HFP mode in both my Octavia 3 which has the Amundsen system and my other car which has an Alpine sat nav.

When the phone connects via Bluetooth it often (more than 50% of the time) mutes the infotainment and it appears that the phone is in a call to it's own number - but when you look at the phone (after pulling over and stopping) the phone is NOT in a call! The only way to release the mute without rebooting the phone is to make a call and terminate it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Since it happens with two different Bluetooth HFP devices both of which didn't have this problem with the same phone running iOS9 I think it looks like an iOS10 bug.

A quick Google does seem to show many reports of Bluetooth problems with iOS10, and a 3 stage process to try and solve them:

1. Turn Bluetooth off, reboot and turn Bluetooth back on.
  2. Delete the pairing and remake it.
  3. Reset network settings (which will also lose all remembered WiFi networks).

If those fail then a full device restore is the final option before visiting Apple.

A quick Google does seem to show many reports of Bluetooth problems with iOS10, and a 3 stage process to try and solve them:

1. Turn Bluetooth off, reboot and turn Bluetooth back on.
  2. Delete the pairing and remake it.
  3. Reset network settings (which will also lose all remembered WiFi networks).

If those fail then a full device restore is the final option before visiting Apple.

Doing steps 1 & 2 appears to have solved the problem - just in case anyone else is having the same problem with iOS10.

The public beta 10.1 is an update to 10.0.2 :sun:

Not quite, it has a higher version number but it is an update to 10.0.1, the updates and fixes from 10.0.2 are not yet included in the 10.1 beta. The 10.1 Beta was released before 10.0.2, so you'll need to wait for a later version of the 10.1 beta so it includes those updates.