Rear window sun/privacy blinds

SK66YET

For many years I have fitted these type of blinds to the rear windows of the various cars I have driven, usually having them supplied and fitted by the dealer from whom I purchased my car - however on this occasion the dealer informed me that this accessory was not an option from SKODA. As always the internet provided a variety of possibilities at varying costs but it was difficult to get a definitive confirmation that these would fit my new MY17 model (the suppliers seem only to suggest availability for "2009 on, 2009 to 2013, pre-face-lift model, etc.". I eventually got an absolute guarantee from Car Shades (part of the same organisation as Vanstyle UK) that their set of 6 shades would fit and THEY DO :clap: !

Their website can be found at www.carshades.co.uk

My research has shown that there is quite a differential in pricing from those that supply these shades but I am happy with what I paid for mine. The delivery time was only a few days, the packaging did an excellent job of protecting the contents from damage and upon opening it the shades that greeted me are of very high quality workmanship. Included are the relevant clips needed, a set of illustrated instructions (with an opportunity to gain further info by contacting CS direct for further guidance, which I did - don't talk to me about successfully putting flat pack furniture together!! Having finally got my head around how to fit them the job only actually took just under 10 minutes.

Also included in the price is a quality pouch should one wish to remove and store the shades at any time.

Should any other Yeti owners be interested I can throughly recommend these to you.

Edited by SK66YET
  • Like 2

Got a sunblind on the rear door window only,helps with sun and helps stop dazzle from headlights at night.

purchased from hortons (theskodashop.co.uk) other places are available.   very easy fit and looks very great. :clap:

I bought the same shades for my Classic Yeti more than three years ago and as you say Car Shades give an excellent service, the shades are a good, secure fit and mine are wearing very well. And I leave them in all year round and almost always have the rear windows down a few inches to ventilate the dogs (whether they like it or not) so they had a fair bit of exposure to wind and rain.

I bought some 3rd party shades (can't recall from who) the rear window one kept falling out and the rear door windows just didn't fit properly at all. Only the two rear side windows actually did the job.

So I sent them back and replaced them with the genuine skoda window shades (yes they do exist SK66YET - your dealer obviously can't work their parts system) and they were a perfect fit first time and none of them have ever fallen out.

They weren't cheap but I'm very glad of them - especially as we have the mutt in the car a lot and in the summer it helps keep the heat down a bit for her.

• Like 1