Which Interior for Fabia Ambition and any must have extras?

fpa

I am thinking of ordering a new Fabia 1.2 TSI 110 with DSG.

I am in Greece and they offer it as Active, Ambition or Style.

I don't want the Style due to the KESSY being standard so I am going for the Ambition trim, but I wonder if anyone can help with the interior choices for a car in Racy Blue? I am thinking either Blue with Basket Matt panel or red Cayenne with Light Brushed panel.

Also any must have extras or anything to avoid? Here is my wishlist:

Height adjusted front seats

Heated front seats

Front armrest

Cornering front fog lights

LED daytime lights

Light and rain assistant

3 spoke Supersport MFSW

Simply clever package

Maxi dot

Smartlink

Bolero

Dentro wheels

Thanks for any help!

• Administrators

Hi welcome to the community. 

The active, ambition & style are more common names throughout europe. The uk went to SE, SE-L etc to please fleet managers, I miss the names and simplicity or three choices.

Options wise, good combination overall. Kessy is a problem I think, I would not like it, or turn it off, but alas.

Interior, do you do anything dirt related? Biking, hiking, or kids that might think not once about muddy feet. What I do when I have two choices.. open both images side by side. Close eyes for 20seconds, then open. Which makes you feel better?

So no help at all there I'm afraid.

Do you get much fog in Greece? I'm afraid my knowledge of it is purely from the tourist department, it's sunshine all the time isn't it?

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I am in northern Greece and we do get fog and snow in winter. No intention to do much dirt related, normal use I guess.

I tried your tip, but it didn't help :) The dealer isn't helping much either. 

Γειά σου γείτονας!

In my opinion, Heated front seats is not necessary for Hellas. I live in Turkey, and climate is same. You'll have snow and fog, but just 2 or 3 months. It's your choice! Cheers!

Γειά σου γείτονας!

In my opinion, Heated front seats is not necessary for Hellas. I live in Turkey, and climate is same. You'll have snow and fog, but just 2 or 3 months. It's your choice! Cheers!

Selam dostrum! :)

We actually get several frosty mornings during Nov-Feb, so at  164 euros I think heated seats are one of the best extras as you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up!

Edited by fpa

Selam dostrum! :)

We actually get several frosty mornings during Nov-Feb, so at  164 euros I think heated seats are one of the best extras as you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up!

Yes, you're right about this issue. If price is € 164, you can pay extra cost for heated seats :)

The Ambition over here comes with LED DRLs as standard. Which also means the car has the Projector headlights.

Until end of 2016, Skoda in Ireland is offering a "Technical Pack", that offers the Bolero with Smartlink, Cruise Control, and Fatigue Assistant , for less than €200. That lot would normally be €600-700. Maybe check if your local Skoda is offering that.

I love the cruise control, which is extra here. And the Speed Limiter which is standard on Ambition here.

Maxidot also standard on Ambition.

Also - I see on your wishlist, that you are looking at cornering fogs - I have them, and I think they were a waste of money.

The dipped headlights already illuminate that piece of road and the cornering fog just adds some extra light. Not enough to make a huge difference. And that was even before I put more powerful bulbs in the headlamps.

Save the money for something else. Like Smartlink for the Bolero ! And voice control ! Or more powerful bulbs for the headlights!

If you do a lot of city driving, rear parking sensors are a great help. And Front Assist if your budget runs to it. It's not standard in Ireland. I think the UK SE model has it as standard. I am very impressed with Front Assist in the city. It's helped me out a few times!

Also, check that your version of Ambition has air-con, guess you'll be needing it !  It's not standard here.

And the storage boxes under the front seats.

Arm-rest between front seats is a personal thing - some on here, don't like them. I do. Especially because of the extra storage.

Thanks, some good tips there.

Cornering fog lights off the list then and I wonder if I should take fog lights off all together.

I'll consider front assist, although I never thought I need it. Can it ever malfunction?

I have the SE 110ps DSG model (I think that's the Ambition where you are). It has Hill Hold, Front Assist, Air con, Bolero, Maxi dot, MFSW and 15" Mato alloys as standard. Plus...too many other things to mention here. Like Dithane, I'd recommend Front Brake Assist if it's not standard. Mine kicked in the other day when a stupid taxi driver raced to overtake me in a 40mph limit, and after doing so immediately braked hard directly in front of me to turn left. He almost did an emergency stop in front of me. I immediately received a warning from the system and the brakes started to apply automatically just as I also hit the brake pedal. The system was that good! I think this braking system is reliable so I personally don't have any reservations about it. Most new cars over here either have it or offer it as an option now. One point, why do you want the 'Dentro' steel wheels? Do you feel that alloy wheels will be damaged on bad roads?

Edited by Estate Man

Cornering fog lights off the list then and I wonder if I should take fog lights off all together.

I'll consider front assist, although I never thought I need it. Can it ever malfunction?

>  Fog Lights are standard -- probably would be a help in fog - didn't get "decent" fog here last winter to really try them. But I do reckon they will help in fog.

It's just the cornering bit that seems of little use on Fabia ( it may be good on other cars - just not this one), Also - cornering fogs can be turned with VCDS at a later date - if you really, really want !!!! And for less money than factory option.

> I'm with Estate Man on the Front Assist. It's like a second pair of eyes when there are crazy city drivers that can catch you out. It gives me a shake up occasionally,  when I get a little lazy !! 

Enjoy ordering !!

One thing to watch out for is, it is completely up to the local importer as to what is included in any trim level in any territory in the world, there will be some "fixed" items in each trim level, but the rest of what gets included is up to the individual importers.

As an example, any trim level of car ordered via Holland will have cruise control and no ICE - for the Republic of Ireland, at least in the past, sunroofs were never included at least on VWs.

Edited by rum4mo