I've got a wet footwell - Air Con Drain Pipe?

Tedders

I've been battling with a wet carpet in the driver's footwell (2011 Fabia)...  At it's worst I used a wet vac and sucked up a good couple of litres of water and the carpet and sound deadening was still wet.  

I took it to my local mechanic who told me that water was coming in through the driver's door.  He apparently re-sealed it all, said he could see where the water was coming through so I thought - happy days all sorted.

A few days later I noticed that it was pretty wet again, so I tried to keep on top by putting a dry towel under the carpet everyday.  Then I realised that it hadn't rained since my mechanic had repaired the door seal.  I've come to the conclusion that this must be Air Con related.  The trouble is I can't see where the water is coming from.  The foam behind the pedals seems to get wet first. 

I've since managed to dry it all out and haven't used the Air Con but with the winter weather looming I know I will need it soon so it's time to get it sorted

I can't find the Air Con drain pipe, as i'm guessing this is blocked or broken..?  

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any pointers would be much appreciated

There is a common problem with water entering and pooling inside the doors, which then enters the foot wells. I had the problem and solved it by removing all the plugs at the bottom of the doors and making sure all the drain holes were clear of debris. Now the water just runs straight through the doors and off the kick plates without pooling.

There is a common problem with water entering and pooling inside the doors, which then enters the foot wells. I had the problem and solved it by removing all the plugs at the bottom of the doors and making sure all the drain holes were clear of debris. Now the water just runs straight through the doors and off the kick plates without pooling.

Thanks FM...  My doors are all good now and draining out where they should be.  

Can anyone shed any light on the AC drain pipe?

I'd be truely amazed if the AC was capable of condensing so much water over a shortish period as to flood the car floor areas, I think that you need to look a bit further, how about this:- do you park under trees etc where you can be getting a build up of fallen leaves in the area in front of the windscreen - that will cause any car troubles. So maybe investigate in that area since this is continuing to happen during a period of no rain falling, as it could be stored/collected water still emptying into the car.

I'd be truely amazed if the AC was capable of condensing so much water over a shortish period as to flood the car floor areas, I think that you need to look a bit further, how about this:- do you park under trees etc where you can be getting a build up of fallen leaves in the area in front of the windscreen - that will cause any car troubles. So maybe investigate in that area since this is continuing to happen during a period of no rain falling, as it could be stored/collected water still emptying into the car.

Okay... I agree with you on that.  I think most of the water initially was caused by a leaking door seal.  This has now been dealt with and i've also cleared leaves and dirt from the plenum channel under the wiper blades as I know that's another problem area.  Basically I'm happy that any leaks have now been dealt with but i've noticed that when I use the AC the sound deadening under the driver's footwell gets damp/wet.  

I just want to check the drain for the AC as I feel it must be the source of the leak...  I may end up just taking it back to the garage!