Subwoofer Fitting

DDixon

Maybe not as good as the real thing, but there is a setting for digital subwoofer. I quite like it personally.

I'll have to give that a go when I get the car Tuesday. I don't want boy racer bass but usually like to have a sub in the back that is turned down quite low just to give the music a bit of depth.

I have noticed that the speakers in the back of the fabia are pretty naff. May just be a case of upgrading them instead, might be slightly easier also.

How you getting on with your car mate?

Edited by DDixon

Well the Vitual subwoofer was enough to satisfy... and couple of passengers on a recent a drive. So id defo recommend having a play with that first and seeing how you feel with.

So far so good clocked a fair few miles in different driving conditions. Very happy with it. The standard suspension is a good for a motorway crusie and around town. But not as quite as good at the sports suspension on my old monte in the turns... but the balence between the two is more suited to how i use it...

No major niggles, other then little things like, i wish Whatsapp was avalible on CarPlay, its a shame music and contact info is viewable on the maxi dot when using car play. But use of siri sorts that i guess.

Very impressed, its everything i loved anout my last monte with the right improvemants i wanted to see in this version cant complain

Well the Vitual subwoofer was enough to satisfy... and couple of passengers on a recent a drive. So id defo recommend having a play with that first and seeing how you feel with.

So far so good clocked a fair few miles in different driving conditions. Very happy with it. The standard suspension is a good for a motorway crusie and around town. But not as quite as good at the sports suspension on my old monte in the turns... but the balence between the two is more suited to how i use it...

No major niggles, other then little things like, i wish Whatsapp was avalible on CarPlay, its a shame music and contact info is viewable on the maxi dot when using car play. But use of siri sorts that i guess.

Very impressed, its everything i loved anout my last monte with the right improvemants i wanted to see in this version cant complain

I reckon we should hopefully see Whatsapp on CarPlay soon, but Apple still need to allow for better improvements of Siri for it to be indispensable.

I also wish you could navigate around the CarPlay display using the steering controls, like you can with the right knob on the stereo unit itself...

I'll give the virtual subwoofer a go too, I've also found the system slightly lacking in 'oomph'. My DS3 I had previously had a sub in the boot and it made all the difference, albeit subtle.

I reckon we should hopefully see Whatsapp on CarPlay soon, but Apple still need to allow for better improvements of Siri for it to be indispensable.

I also wish you could navigate around the CarPlay display using the steering controls, like you can with the right knob on the stereo unit itself...

I'll give the virtual subwoofer a go too, I've also found the system slightly lacking in 'oomph'. My DS3 I had previously had a sub in the boot and it made all the difference, albeit subtle.

Apple Car on Maxi dot and use of the scrol wheel would be perfect.

With alot things the vitral sub is down to personal opinon. Its enough to satisfy me.

• 2 months later...

Fitted a sub in mine easily enough :D

Biggest hassle was finding a place to run the cables from the battery through from the engine bay and ended up running them along the bonnet release cable grommet.

Hi ! Do you maybe have some more information and some pictures on how to run the power cable through ? I was looking for some information about this but there was not a lot regarding the Fabia Mk3. Did you also use a high-low converter ? I'm planning on fitting a subwoofer in the spare wheel area.

Btw: this is my first post here. From The Netherlands, driving a new Fabia Monte Carlo. Hoping to pass on some information to the dutch forum ;-)

Hi ! Do you maybe have some more information and some pictures on how to run the power cable through ? I was looking for some information about this but there was not a lot regarding the Fabia Mk3. Did you also use a high-low converter ? I'm planning on fitting a subwoofer in the spare wheel area.

Btw: this is my first post here. From The Netherlands, driving a new Fabia Monte Carlo. Hoping to pass on some information to the dutch forum ;-)

Will try and get a couple of pics over the weekend for you showing where I run the cables.

• Like 1