SKY Q

VRS Mike

Ooh keep us up to date with that one. i'd like a new hub :)

Ok update as requested.......

As with whenever i've tried this in the past i've always been polite and chatty and put it to them that i was just enquiring about how i could save some money each month.

Anyway had some stuff to do on the computer this morning so rather than phoning Sky i decided to give the online chat feature a try and initially spoke to the TV retentions section about trying to reduce my monthly costs. We have the full package with Sports & Cinema and had a friendly chat with the guy saying i was under orders from the mrs to look into saving some money each month etc..... The guy was great and we had a 30 minute chat session about footy and the chat session ended with a 40% reduction in our TV bill till the end of the year. Before i logged off I asked the chap about existing customers getting a Sky Q hub but it wasn't his department and he suggested calling the Sky Q dept as they aren't available through the chat feature. As i logged off i thanked the guy for his assistance and he replied back saying it was a pleasure to have been able to chat so much and that it was the customers like that who deserved the discounts. :)

As i'd finished the jobs on the PC i called the Sky Q dept and the lady said yep existing customers can have the new Q hub at a one off cost. She did then try to say i'd be better off signing up for Sky Q as then i'd get the hub for free but when i pointed out it'd be costing me £12 a month for 12 months just to get a £60 hub for free she admitted that yes the hub on it's own would be cheaper!!!!. She had a look to confirm the price but she needed to put me through to the tech support section as she was having issues with her system and couldn't progress the order. So.... she put me through to the tech support guys and after explaining to them about my enquiry about a Q hub and how much are they for existing customers the guy said yep of course you can have one they are £60. Then he said "Oh looking at your account your fibre contract has expired.... I'll put you through to the broadband retentions team and if you agree to sign back up for another 12 months they should be able to get you the new Hub for free"........ So another divert through to the broadband retentions team this time and the young lady confirmed that if i signed back up for 12 months i could have a new Q Hub for free..... And..... I can have a £2.50 reduction in our fibre subs too.... So a 10% discount i think and the new Q Hub should be arriving in 3-5 days

So all in all a very good 90 minutes.... With our monthly sky bill reduced from £117 to £55 for the first month (Don't know why) and then £85 for the rest of the year..... And a free Sky Q Hub thrown in too.    :D  :D  :D

Edited by WaveyDavey