Heated rear seats - controlled from front of car?

Looks like I'll be getting a 2.0 TSI L&K next week. Do any existing owners know if the heated rear seats can be controlled from the front of the car? I'm sure they are going to be great fun for the kids, but I'd like to make sure the seats are not left blazing away once the kids have been dropped off from dad's taxi, without having to mess about going round to the rear passenger compartment.

You can download the handbooks at   http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/pages/superb.aspx  ( don't miss the "Your car production period: " drop down box near the top of the page.  and you'll need the radio "infotainment" manual ) In the manual (page 90) it says: "The adjustment of the heating for the rear seat heating can be carried out in Infotainment using the function surface  locked/unlocked » Owner´s Manual - Infotainment. In the locked setting the heating power can only be adjusted down to turn off." 

So it may be you can lock the rear setting at "off"

Thanks. I had read that, but I don't want to lock it altogether and it's not clear whether the rear seats can be controlled from the Columbus in the same way as the front ones. I was hoping an L&K owner could tell me from direct experience.

The answer to your original question is no you cannot control the rear heated seats from the infotainment.

However, if you're reasonably able-bodied, the switches and their setting display are clearly visible and easily reached from the driver's seat without needing to stretch.

If it remains a problem, simply briefly turn the ignition off and back on again. Only the driver's seat has heating memory - for up to 15 minutes if I recall correctly - but all others go to the off position. Front passenger seat heating memory can be enabled with VCDS.