New Yeti alarm disabling

baldeagle7470

Hi guys,

Have looked in the search engine and technical guide and even the handbook with no answer.

I am taking our brand new Yeti on a trip to the U.K. Next week followed by a trip from Portsmouth to Bilbao.

With 36 hrs on the boat I want to disable the alarm.

The handbook says there is a button between the front and rear doors in the column on the drivers side,which there isn't !!

It says you should switch of the ignition and press the button and lock the door within 30 seconds.

It shows a picture of a car with off written on it,have also checked all of the dash,maxidot etc and can see no means of switching it off.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't have time to get back to the dealers this week and don't want to hear,bing bong will the owner of the Yeti please return to his car blah blah.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

The button is on the bottom B post on drivers side, have a look at night its illuminated.
But 2 presses on the locking fob within 2 seconds has the same effect.

This is it.

Sensing_off_Button.jpg

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 2

Thanks both for the quick replies.

Bit of a mystery as nothing definitely on either post.The handbook shows exactly what your pic does but absolutely nothing there!

Tried the two presses on the key,it flashed quickly and then slowed down to normal flash and after a while gave it a rock,didn't hear anything.

I have downloaded the handbook in English from here and shows the same as what you have told me,looks like someone has nicked my switch???

Will see what happens,wonder if the battery will die after 36 hours round the Bay of Biscay,bloody hope not.By the way the car has Kessy and safelock,

Thanks again.

Edited by baldeagle7470

Well you could be onto something,it never occurred to me when we ordered the car that an alarm would be an option!!

I automatically thought the flashing red light on top of the door panel signified an alarm,shows how much I know!!

Will dig deeper and many thanks for your help.

Blimey for €32,750 thought I would get a Rottweiler included!!

Edited by baldeagle7470

I automatically thought the flashing red light on top of the door panel signified an alarm,shows how much I know!!

I'm pretty sure that just means the car's locked, it flashes the same with interior and tip monitoring disabled.

If it was any different it would compromise security.

• Like 1