SE Sport on order

Got an SE Sport 1.4 TSI Estate in Race Blue on order. Build week 45.

Added

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer

Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming

Park distance control, front and rear

SmartLink

Temporary space saver spare wheel

Variable boot floor

Front and rear floor mats

Got an SE Sport 1.4 TSI Estate in Race Blue on order. Build week 45.

Added

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer

Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming

Park distance control, front and rear

SmartLink

Temporary space saver spare wheel

Variable boot floor

Front and rear floor mats

When did you order it? I've ordered the same - an SE Sport 1.4 TSI Estate with a few extra specs but not had a build week yet. I ordered it on 17th October but not heard anything else since - was told to expect an average 3 month wait...

Just found a great deal for UK stock 1.4 SE Sports but still working out whether I should make the jump :(

Currently in a Fabia VRS (Diesel) and hear that the TSI has comparable low down grunt. 

Of course, I contacted Skoda sales yesterday and still haven't heard back... 

Should I do it?! lol

I'd put the low down grunt on a par with my departed 2 litre 140HP Octavia diesel. It's really impressive but have not figured the driving mode to use. Eco seems just fine to me and the trip computer indicated 50mpg on the first long trip. Will obviously do a brim to brim in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So - I actually visited the dealer on Saturday in the hope of trying to clarify why I'd not even heard a build date whereas people who have ordered since have done - the salesperson who I had bought the car from was speaking to someone else so was asked to take a seat. Someone - I'm assuming she was the manager but didn't think to check - then came out and said very matter-of-factly "we haven't got a build date yet" and seemed content to leave things at that. When I suggested I was aware of others who had ordered after me who had been given build dates, she didn't seem too sure and said that the factories had put *all* Octavia builds on hold while they update machinery etc for the facelift...when I asked for clarification that the SE Sport that I had ordered would not be a facelift one (ie. that there must be some machines left to still produce the old mark 3 models) she seemed at a bit of a loss, but assured me that as soon as I did have a build date, things would "sail through" in 6-7 weeks...I appreciate that things do not move fast in the car manufacturing world, but to describe this as sailing through seems to be a bit of an embellishment in my opinion! Plus I'm 6 weeks into my quoted 12 weeks estimated delivery date and still don't even have a build week...is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed?

She said she would ask the salesman to ring Retail Support today but she *knows* that the answer will only be the same as they can give - ie. don't know when the build week is or when they'll even be able to tell me. Is there anyone I can/worth asking myself eg. Skoda UK? Thing is I'm starting to get a little desperate as SWMBO's Fiesta's clutch has now gone, and ideally don't really want to fork out the £400 I've been quoted to fix that, knowing that my Skoda is on the way in the next few weeks! Still, don't want Skoda to know this as they may take advantage!!

So - I actually visited the dealer on Saturday in the hope of trying to clarify why I'd not even heard a build date whereas people who have ordered since have done - the salesperson who I had bought the car from was speaking to someone else so was asked to take a seat. Someone - I'm assuming she was the manager but didn't think to check - then came out and said very matter-of-factly "we haven't got a build date yet" and seemed content to leave things at that. When I suggested I was aware of others who had ordered after me who had been given build dates, she didn't seem too sure and said that the factories had put *all* Octavia builds on hold while they update machinery etc for the facelift...when I asked for clarification that the SE Sport that I had ordered would not be a facelift one (ie. that there must be some machines left to still produce the old mark 3 models) she seemed at a bit of a loss, but assured me that as soon as I did have a build date, things would "sail through" in 6-7 weeks...I appreciate that things do not move fast in the car manufacturing world, but to describe this as sailing through seems to be a bit of an embellishment in my opinion! Plus I'm 6 weeks into my quoted 12 weeks estimated delivery date and still don't even have a build week...is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed?

She said she would ask the salesman to ring Retail Support today but she *knows* that the answer will only be the same as they can give - ie. don't know when the build week is or when they'll even be able to tell me. Is there anyone I can/worth asking myself eg. Skoda UK? Thing is I'm starting to get a little desperate as SWMBO's Fiesta's clutch has now gone, and ideally don't really want to fork out the £400 I've been quoted to fix that, knowing that my Skoda is on the way in the next few weeks! Still, don't want Skoda to know this as they may take advantage!!

I'd be demanding the order number emdoc and contacting Skoda directly. From what you've wrote, it sounds like they couldn't give a crap about either you or the car.

Not quite sure what's happening with my order at the moment. Arrived at our local port on Friday and should have arrived at dealers by now.

Given I have time off next week, I'll be a aiming to pick up then