Extended warranty 4/5 year

Although I've recently posted saying that we're contemplating changing the Rapid Sapceback for a mk 3 Fabia, it looks as though we're now staying put! Part ex values have not been what we were hoping for and at only 20k on the clock, the car is barely run in!

However, around 12 months ago, we did have to have the steering rack replaced (under warranty) and the garage indicated that the cost was around £850 if we'd had to pay.

Perhaps understandably, we're a little jumpy about getting caught with something similar in the future and with the car at almost 3 years old, we thought we'd look at costs of an extended warranty with Skoda. The only issue is their on-line system won't quote as as the car isn't yet out of (the 3 year) warranty!

There was a forum post in Feb this year and one of the contributors mentioned they'd extended the warranty for a 4th year with Skoda at around £220. Just wondering if anyone has any more recent experience of an extended warranty on their Rapid and if so, the approx cost.

Thanks

Edited by ted1888

Cant help with the link.. but could you not look on the Skoda used cars website for same model as you have and use that reg plate with some dummy user details to get a quote ?  :)

Cant help with the link.. but could you not look on the Skoda used cars website for same model as you have and use that reg plate with some dummy user details to get a quote ?  :)

Many thanks for the reply. Why didn't I think of that? I may well give it a go. Thanks again.

Can you specify what the fault was with the steering rack. My roomster has had steering rack arms and droplinks replaced to cure a cracking noise from the suspension area of the car as  Skoda thought these were the culprits. The noise is still there if I drive over speed humps or if the car is twisted, for example, partly driving over mini-roundabouts. The roomie is 3 years old next week and I wish to cure problems before warranty expires but I need more to go on. Regards

Can you specify what the fault was with the steering rack. My roomster has had steering rack arms and droplinks replaced to cure a cracking noise from the suspension area of the car as  Skoda thought these were the culprits. The noise is still there if I drive over speed humps or if the car is twisted, for example, partly driving over mini-roundabouts. The roomie is 3 years old next week and I wish to cure problems before warranty expires but I need more to go on. Regards

Not going to be much help here, I'm afraid. At very slow speeds & on full lock (usually when reversing off driveway), there would be a slight knock/vibration/rumble through the steering wheel. Once the car picked up any speed - no apparent issues! Reported to Skoda dealer at time of last full service and they simply said they'd had to replace the steering rack. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Not going to be much help here, I'm afraid. At very slow speeds & on full lock (usually when reversing off driveway), there would be a slight knock/vibration/rumble through the steering wheel. Once the car picked up any speed - no apparent issues! Reported to Skoda dealer at time of last full service and they simply said they'd had to replace the steering rack. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/387012-my16-rapid-sb-knocking-in-half-lock-in-reverse/