1.2 TSI 84bhp remapped

Kenrw8

Hi,

Just had my 2011 Fabia 2 Elegance remapped by Unicorn Motor Development who are based in Stockport.

Dyno before at the wheel 88hp at 5,843 rpm with torque 124.2 ft lbs at 2,452 rpm and Dyno now 120.7hp at 4,943rpm with torque 157.4ft lbs at 2,883 rpm.

And WOW what a difference the pulling power through the gears is brilliant.

So with the Powerflex PU bushes fitted (all but the top damper bushes) to make the ride firmer and this remap makes a big difference to the car handling and performance.

The car does not have traction control or ESP.

I was very impressed with Unicorn they only do remaps , no servicing or repairs and have hesitation in recommending them.

I had problem in that I changed the lower engine mount bush to a PU one and at idle with the aircon on the engine would rock the car Unicorn upped the idle slightly to as a cure.

Edited by Kenrw8

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Offski, thanks

just after me posting I found that site to check and there are no recalls on my car.

The car is booked in for a mot on Wednesday with a garage owned by a former VW trained engineer and if he doesn't know I'll give customer services a ring.

Not notice any rattle and It's got 66k on the clock and due to go in for service at 68k so I'll see about getting it done then if required. 

Last mot had advisory for exhaust so if new required considering poweflow catback one

Regards

Ken

Edited by Kenrw8

• 3 months later...

Update

I've had a powerflo cat back exhaust fitted, requested it to be quite and they fitted two resonator boxes a large near to cat pipe joint and a smaller one close to outlet pipe. Also outline is curve so as point downward. No cutting the bumper.

So upgrades are remap to 121hp, cat back exhaust, poly bushes all round, led DRL, TriStar 4s all season tyres and projector bulb at 120% brighter and 80w main beam, oh and pure 600 dab+ radio.

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1