Been offered some alloys.... but will they fit?

Sadly not a great deal is known about them (not nicked though, but in a running club mate's garage)....  any ideas if they will fit my vrs?  Thought they could be the cheap way of getting some winter rubber.

However it does look a bit like a crack on the inside of one (I've not actually seen them yet, just these pictures)

Any ideas?

18inch fitted with 235/40s (possibly off a t5?)

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

Really?

They look well knackered.

The cracked one is scrap. I know places say they can repair cracks, but I wouldn't want to drive on that at speed.

Not sure what the 'really' is for, but you've basically confirmed what I thought - not worth the effort, even for 3, as I'd have to find a 4th to make up a set.

• Like 1

Not sure what the 'really' is for, but you've basically confirmed what I thought - not worth the effort, even for 3, as I'd have to find a 4th to make up a set.

The 'really?' was for, do you really want to put that scrap on your nice vrs.

Arh :-)

To be fair - those pictures were all I had seen, and at £10 per alloy I thought it might have been worth a punt, during the winter months no one really see my car as it commutes in the hours of darkness, or is parked up in a garage, or tucked away at work!

As it is vrs niceness saved for the time being!

At £10 an alloy....worth a punt?

Factor in one being welded, new tyres and a referb......you might as well buy a better set to start with.

If you search ebay you'll find lots a alloys which are probably cheaper in the long run.

• Like 1

These look like rs4 or TT reps, usually seen on T4 (5x112) not seen a set on T5 (5x120)

Cracked and repaired alloys are ok (but not brilliant) so long as repaired to a high standard and balance up ok, however they are prone to cracking again then pretty fecked

I sold a set of genuine TT alloys minus center caps and with 2 good tires for £130

They were curbed but had no cracks so gives you some idea of price

£40 is pretty good, pick up spares ones on eBay

Edited by JaminWales