Cluster panel EEPROM data

Sibu

Hi there,

Is there any one out here who can provide the EEPROM data file (read data)  from the cluster panel using VCDS .

Need to understand the EEPROM data.  The cluster panel is showing 2 fault indications which showed after a mileage correction...

Who did the "mileage correction" and why?

There was a previous thread from the OP asking how it could be done.................................................

We got no explanation of why.......................................

Perhaps they have different "rules" in India.

OK, the reason why I ask is becos those Yetis where a mileage correction was suspected, the electric steering went from smooth  to hard steering  !   

I think this happens becos  while the correction is done by third party tools, maybe the immobilizer is getting activated by some means...

So I want to see those original hex codes which are  written by the factory .... 

Depending on the type of eeprom, if you can remove it, you can buy eeprom programmers and copiers, some allow you to read the code. When linked to a computer with appropriate interface and software you should be able to produce the hex code.

30 years ago I had a hand held unit, you could edit certain text for use when printing titles, plus a lot more.

Just an alternative avenue to pursue.

Richard

You might want to add which cluster it is, there are many different SW and HW versions.

I doubt anyone is going to want to remove their cluster, desolder the EEPROM and read it for you. The best plan is to find an identical used cluster :)

• Like 1