Rear bag hooks with spare wheel

decuk

Has anyone come up with a solution to get the side bag hooks in the boot to hang shopping bags on when the spare wheel is instead. For example a means of raising the rails or altering the hooks. Not much point asking Skoda now with model change coming soon.

Smaller shopping bags.

More seriously: I find that with flat-bottomed shopping bags like most of the re-usable ones these days are, the bags stand up on their own and you can loop the handles over the hooks to stop the bags from topping over on corners.  I suppose it helps that our weekly shop usually takes five of six bags, which fill the space between the wheel arches quite snugly anyway.  It's the bag with the bottles in :beer:  :cocktail: that is most at risk of toppling over on to the other bags and squishing stuff.

You have to admire the progress of the human race, though: how did we ever manage in the days before such things were invented?

• Like 2

Bungee cord across the boot form on rail to the other - feed through the handles of bags; this allows you to put bags across the boot (rather than crammed to the sides) and keeps them largely upright.

I'll add I don't do this in my Yeti as I have the lower floor, but I did do this in a previous car which had no bag hooks in the boot.

I actually have some "T" snapped Velcro grip devices called Easy Grip that go against the bags then grip the floor mat. Bought years ago, but no longer available. I had an Octavia with raised floor and spare wheel and the hooks where higher up, so got used to using them. PS. Any wrong spelling is my blurred vision. I can no longer drive, the wife does it????

A bungee from rail to rail, threaded through all the handles.  Even keeps the wine carrier upright despite the potholes :cocktail:

Great minds....  :D

• Like 1