vRS 230 questions....

Hi all,

I'm contemplating swapping my 2.0tdi elegance for a meteor grey, hatchback, vRS 230 with the DSG box.

Few questions....

1) Ride quality on A/B roads - what's it like on those 19"ers?

2) What's the real world mpg? I do a 20mile journey to work using mainly A roads (easy 50+ mph roads). What sort of miles do you get per tank - driving sensibly with the occasional bootfull?!

3) For those who have remapped theirs - does it 'really' make much difference? How does the diff stack up to the extra oooomph?

4) What are the most important options to look for?

Thanks in advance!!

Steve :)

1) Can be a little crashy on bumpy roads but not anything you wouldn't expect from a sporty suspension set up.
2) I get 30-34 on similar roads, slightly better on longer motorway/faster roads. (I don't think mine has ever been in Eco so I can't answer for that)
3) Mines not mapped as I don't think it needs it to be honest, most people think that they kick out more than 230bhp anyway. Also pricey for a Revo remap.
4) Can't remember what's standard but heated seats are a must at the moment!!

• Like 2

I'm on my 1st tank full and doing about 25mpg in eco mode taking it easy, this is real mpg not what the car says! apparently it will improve but it's such a nice car to drive so who cares and the ride is a lot better than I expected! the handling is like night and day compared to my old mk11 Blackilne TDi.

• Like 1

1) ride is fine, yes its firm but not much different to 18"s on my previous two mk2 vrs's

2) my commute is about 58 miles each way, mostly a roads with prob 10-15 miles of twisty empty country lanes at the end, i get about 35-36mpg overall which is pretty good IO

3) as above, it feels a lot stronger out of the box that just another 10bhp so the desire to re-map is not particularly strong (this already feels like a mk2 did with a stage 1 map). If i had some money to spend on the car for me it would be going into suspension first before any power mods (h&r monotubes and ARBs)

4) 230 has pretty much every option already - on mine i only added the rear airbags (for the kids) the space saver spare and heated washer nozzles. Sunroof would have been nice but over a grand meant it was not really justifiable.