Some stuff needed after canine attack

Well a topic headline to grab the attention !!!

Oscar ( pictured in my profile ) was being tormented by some kids recently while he was in the back of my vrs estate. They also threw a banger in through one of the open windows. I only know this from examining the cctv at the hotel with a very uncooperative manager

As a result he demolished the dog guard a couple of headrests and made a right mess of the drivers seat. Other mess of a rather pungent nature successfully cleaned away .

I'm trying to find replacement headrests and drivers seat but and drawing a blank - have any of you guys any good ideas where I might get some success. Skoda quoted me nearly £300 for the centre headrest!

For the information for you I am a rep so travel over 4K miles a month and Oscar comes everywhere with me and has done for the whole of his life without any previous problem of any nature at all - he is a very well looked after and well trained dog - might train him to shoot he might well be a better shot than me as he certainly is an excellent peg dog

I hope you get the car sorted, but more importantly I hope Oscar is ok. What sort of f......kin idiots would throw a firework in a car, even worse with a dog inside.

Our lab hates fireworks and has only just got settled again.

I personally feel fireworks should be sold to organised events only.

Good luck with the car :)

Edited by jerbear
  • Like 2

In Italy they have silent fireworks and I've been to such an event just outside Rome , it was very very impressive and the lack of noise did not detract

Thank you for your kind words for Oscar - even though he is a brilliant gundog he is scared daft with fireworks and does not eat for days after bonfire night . Thankfully he is back to normal now but labs are known to have exceptional memories so the long term effects are yet to be shown

• Like 2

Will the insurance pay for it? Did you report it as a crime?

Other than that, breakers yard, put your requirements on one of those Google breakers parts websites and they get back to you with prices.

If not claiming on insurance, then would recommend a retrimmer such as these for classic cars.

http://www.classiccarlab.com/re-trimming/

Or these:

http://www.theseatsurgeons.co.uk/about-us/

Should be significantly cheaper than £300 quid quoted for the OEM replacement part. Only problem is that it may have to be in for a few days to complete work.

Edited by Black_Sheep

Hi thanks fir those guys

Tried the breakers thing no luck

Insurance - I'm a type 1 diabetic and have had some issues recently so the excess is well over the cost of repair however exorbitant

Will give the retrimmers suggestions a go thank you

They should be prosecuted for animal cruelty, to say nothing of the damage to your car! Poor Oscar, hope he's doing OK. I suppose that as long as the damage isn't severe enough you can wait until the right parts pop up on eBay. 

Also- that blue estate on the eBay link. Looks in pretty good shape to me! I wonder what happened. One of the links to other items was for a current shape Leon, looked very dirty but it was undamaged. Weird. You don't expect a car that can be no more than 4 years old to be in a scrapyard unless it's taken quite a decent impact!

They should be prosecuted for animal cruelty, to say nothing of the damage to your car! Poor Oscar, hope he's doing OK. I suppose that as long as the damage isn't severe enough you can wait until the right parts pop up on eBay.

Also- that blue estate on the eBay link. Looks in pretty good shape to me! I wonder what happened. One of the links to other items was for a current shape Leon, looked very dirty but it was undamaged. Weird. You don't expect a car that can be no more than 4 years old to be in a scrapyard unless it's taken quite a decent impact!

Possibly flood damage