S7 text messages read out on Amundsen

JD52

Hi All,

Has anybody managed to successfully configure their MIB2 Amundsen and Samsung S7 to get text messages read out when the messages arrive?

If so, how did you do it?

TIA

Cheers

JD52

Never got it to work with my phone (not an S7 - I've got a Sony Z2) and my MIB1 unit.

However, this app in free mode works OK.  It needs the lowest quality settings, which sound like AM radio, but it's clear enough to be intelligible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.readit.tomefree

Edited by iriches

Yep got it to do it a couple of days ago by accident. I'll give it another go tomorrow and note what buttons I press. It took about 4-5 key presses to do it, not the most intuitive.

Great stuff - thanks

Sorry I didn't post over the weekend. On mine I just select the text message I want read so that it's displayed on the screen. In the bottom left corner there should be an icon that looks like a speech bubble, press that and the text message is read out. The only thing I thought of is to make sure the phones media volume is turned right up as it may be reading the text but it's muted.

Sorry I didn't post over the weekend. On mine I just select the text message I want read so that it's displayed on the screen. In the bottom left corner there should be an icon that looks like a speech bubble, press that and the text message is read out. The only thing I thought of is to make sure the phones media volume is turned right up as it may be reading the text but it's muted.

I'll give it a try - thanks

That works - thanks. Perhaps I should RTFM  :nerd:  :nerd: