Greeves Anglian trials bike

Helston Hauler

I had a DOT Trials when I was younger, with the 197 Villers in it, the Greeves Anglian was the bike in its day, they come up for sale now and again, I have several old MX and Trials magazines and you see the odd one of two for sale. have you tried ebay? worth keeping a eye on

Yes ,leading link front suspension, does it have the red fibreglass tank and square barrel.Would he part with it.?

I don't know about the tank and barrel, only about the forks.

The same chap has a CB450 Black Bomber as well ;)

He lives up in Suffolk, I could ask him, at the end of the day the worst he can say is no!

I've left a message on his mobile :)

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

Thanks ,see what comes of it. I tried tracing my old bike, but the reg number has been transferred a few times now. On sale at £1500-2000.

I've spoken to him quickly and it doesn't sound too promising, he did tell me that it has the Villiers 37A Engine with Square Barrel and Red Fibre Glass Tank and its an early one 1965 on a "C" plate and was originally registered to a dealer and was their show bike.

I've left it that he's having a think about it and he'll let me know, he does know that its worth a couple of bob though lol.

The bike is in Suffolk, where are you based, I'm assuming by your forum name you are in Cornwall?

Hi, I was going to move to Helston in Cornwall but job fell through, but still dream on one day...I'm in Coventry just off J3 of the M6. Thanks for what you've done, but let me know of any developments.

Ah, I was nearly right :D

Of course I will and no problem, were the other bits of information what you expected?