New cupra ST will be 300hp. 4wd and dsg only

rob_e

I am totally confused as to what people want with the interiors as they are get in a drive cars, have smiles per miles for not a lot of money.

For a fancy interior you can pay plenty at Audi or VW and get that and the same go, or pay too much at Skoda and get so so interior and little go go.

We've recently driven a Leon 290 & it's a great car to drive, but it's like a grey / black tomb inside, even when compared with a humble Skoda......

When we decide that the EOS is too old, then a used Leon would make a good replacement fun car.

• Like 1

Got to wonder if VW stops Seat being adventurous on the inside. They're bit more flamboyant on the outside than the rest of the range.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/seat-leon-st-cupra-300-4drive-review/35775

Full review posted today on PH.  Seems that there will be a manual 2wd version afterall.

Can't help thinking though that SEAT will not have an easy task shifting these - the interior (and the overall image) isn't as good as VW products and the price differential for a 4wd Cupra ST is is only £800 quid according to PH...  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rob_e said:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/seat-leon-st-cupra-300-4drive-review/35775

Full review posted today on PH.  Seems that there will be a manual 2wd version afterall.

Can't help thinking though that SEAT will not have an easy task shifting these - the interior (and the overall image) isn't as good as VW products and the price differential for a 4wd Cupra ST is is only £800 quid according to PH...  

Aye, I like the Leon but if an R is only an extra £800 then it would be the R every time - even if only because the residuals on the R will be much stronger (that and a classier interior).

Edited by Brian69

On 2/17/2017 at 20:27, Brian69 said:

Aye, I like the Leon but if an R is only an extra £800 then it would be the R every time - even if only because the residuals on the R will be much stronger (that and a classier interior).

The Leon ST AWD DSG is better equipped than an R estate, to make a proper comparison you'd need to add the optional 19" wheels, DCC,  the equivalent of the Leon's "Advanced Comfort & Safety Pack 2" to the Golf's list price. (At least £2K AFAIK).

If you were to go for a PCP, Seat's Deposit contribution is £2250, whereas VW's offer is only £1K. But, the MGFV's  after 3 years are about £2600 more for the VW......

I have some discount quotations  (from the same company, OTR at the new VED rates) for a loaded ST (list = £37,575) £33,390 & for a similar specified R Estate (list = £41,115) £36150.

So the Golf would cost £2760 more than the Leon, but when it's 3 years old it should be worth £2600 more..........

Food for thought?

DC

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vrskeith said:

One favourite German reviewers,

Thanks Keith.

Still looking for inspiration though, I've quotes for a Tiguan, a Superb 280 estate, an Xe & a Guilia.

All in for similar money, but very different, except the Jag & Alfa.

Cheers, DC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Thanks Keith.

Still looking for inspiration though, I've quotes for a Tiguan, a Superb 280 estate, an Xe & a Guilia.

All in for similar money, but very different, except the Jag & Alfa.

Cheers, DC

I feel  Test drives and reviews coming on David, negotiation potential on price / packages etc. for your shortlist  mentioned above.

Happy testing a head.

Looking forward to your conclusion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Nice looking motor with go and practicality .

We've driven a couple of these, a little bit cramped inside, not so many driving modes as a Golf R, similar performance but with a very different character.

Very tempted but we couldn't get excited enough to spend the money!

Maybe we should wait for the Ateca Cupra 300?

DC 

• Like 1